Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
And still we get vast swathes of posts from NSCers regarding Tomori + Abraham + Brown + rest of Chelsea's youth team.

I wonder if the penny will EVER drop sometimes.

Last season Chelsea had 67 players out on loan. What a joke

With those number of players out on loan I'm very glad the EFL turned down the idea of having second teams, like they do in Spain.

Chelsea would have a team in every division, plus the conference and whatever the other leagues are called these days.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Reports out of Newcastle they are set to beat us to signing as they are willing to pay his full £25k p/w wages to Chelsea for the loan.

If we won't pay someone £25k p/w who are we expecting to sign

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Reports out of Newcastle they are set to beat us to signing as they are willing to pay his full £25k p/w wages to Chelsea for the loan.

I don't think that it's us not being prepared to pay someone that amount of money - in fact, at least a couple of our squad were/are on more than that this season. We've got to weigh up how much we think he's worth a week, given that he's only had one full season of professional football and not kicked a ball in the PL.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I don't think that it's us not being prepared to pay someone that amount of money - in fact, at least a couple of our squad were/are on more than that this season. We've got to weigh up how much we think he's worth a week, given that he's only had one full season of professional football and not kicked a ball in the PL.
Spot on.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
An example of the type of money that clubs are expected to pay for a player with 'potential' - Chelsea want £17.5million for Traore who is supposed to be heading to Lyon - and he apparently is looking for £50k a week in wages.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

Nah this just cannot be right, if this was true we'd basically be consigning ourselves to 20th position.

I am sure there is way more to it.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
This was in the Express this morning, but didn't really mention us

Stated Newcastle had been given permission to talk to him and were willing to pay his £25k a week wages in full.

Mentioned we were interested but not that we weren't willing to pay or that we had also been given permission to talk to him which has been reported elsewhere.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Reported in Bristol before the end of the season that when he's back at Chelsea this summer they will extend his contract and up his pay from £25k to £45k per week. I suspect this is more likely to be accurate.
Also subsequently reported that both Toon and ourselves have been given permission to talk to the player which suggests that both clubs have already agreed to Chelsea's terms whatever they are. The player will be able to choose which he joins.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Nah this just cannot be right, if this was true we'd basically be consigning ourselves to 20th position.

Promotion is worth £170million

£100k a week is £5million a year - 20 players at £100k a week is £100million - about 60% of the financial bounce from being in the PL. These days the top clubs are paying multiple contracts at £300k + a week.

The biggest problem is tha players will want multi-year contracts - if you are sure of PL status you can pay the money - if you get relegated with big contracts then you end up with a financial noose around your neck. I remember when Wolves went down to League 1 they were still paying Kevin Doyle £60k a week because he had a contract - they banned him from the first team squad because he refused take a pay cut to move to another club.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
On top of the wages I am sure a loan fee will also be involved which could well be a few million.....and a possible guarantee of game time.

Its wether that all stacks up against making a perm signing.

Id like him very much if the numbers are right, 25k a week is pennies in the Premier League even to us, that wont be a stumbling block, the other bits maybe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here