Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who does he think he is Neymar Junior? All getting a bit out of hand paying his family and agent £1m ffs.

Really pleased that we appear to have moved on if this is the case.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
What does Mick Quinn know....

This is his column in the Newcastle Chronicle......what a deluded twunt

I have to say I am extremely disappointed in Tammy Abraham.

If he really is set to choose Swansea City over Newcastle United, I would seriously question his decision.

It shouldn’t take me to tell him that Newcastle is a far bigger football club than Swansea.

I admit I didn’t release just how huge a club Newcastle was until I signed, but I always knew it was a big club. It’s obvious to any outside that Newcastle is one of the top few clubs in the country.

And you just have to look at the situation at both clubs at the moment as well.

At St James’ Park there is a club on the up with a world-class manager who can really go places if Rafa Benitez is backed.

At the Liberty Stadium, you have a club who only just survived last season and will likely to battling relegation again next term.

True Abraham is only going to be loaned out for a single season, but does he want to experience playing football in front of a pressurised environment?

St James’ Park, in front of 52,000 passionate Geordies, is the place for that.

This claim that Abraham rejected Newcastle because of the nightlife seems pathetic to me as well.

It’s a cracking night out in the city, and players should be able to enjoy that - but all in moderation.

If he can’t trust himself to work hard on the training field and then every now and again let some steam off down the Quayside then perhaps he is better off not coming to the North East.

What frustrates me about this situation though is it strikes me as a football failing to think for himself. Undoubtedly an agent has got into his ear and wrongly advised him that Swansea is the club for him next season.

That is total rubbish. Rafa is the manager who can make Abraham realise his potential. Paul Clement seems to be a decent coach, but Rafa is on a different level altogether.

I don’t know Abraham personally and I don’t know his exact reasons for choosing Swansea over Newcastle but, quite frankly, any excuse would be weak in my eyes.

If he doesn’t realise that, then perhaps it’s best he has chosen to go elsewhere after all.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/any-excuse-tammy-abraham-gives-13241591

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If he has decided to go to Swansea, it's more likely to be the fact that his under-21 teammate Mawson has been persuading him that Swansea isn't a desolate s***hole miles from anywhere. Perhaps if Solly March had been fit to join up with the England squad, he would have been able to tell him about the delights of Lancing.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Can he actually strike a ball with power? He is obviously a talented player, yet I don't remember seeing him really smash any goals in. I was expecting him to miss that pen and I wasn't at all surprised that he didn't put his foot through it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This is his column in the Newcastle Chronicle......what a deluded twunt

I have to say I am extremely disappointed in Tammy Abraham.

If he really is set to choose Swansea City over Newcastle United, I would seriously question his decision.

It shouldn’t take me to tell him that Newcastle is a far bigger football club than Swansea.

I admit I didn’t release just how huge a club Newcastle was until I signed, but I always knew it was a big club. It’s obvious to any outside that Newcastle is one of the top few clubs in the country.

And you just have to look at the situation at both clubs at the moment as well.

At St James’ Park there is a club on the up with a world-class manager who can really go places if Rafa Benitez is backed.

At the Liberty Stadium, you have a club who only just survived last season and will likely to battling relegation again next term.

True Abraham is only going to be loaned out for a single season, but does he want to experience playing football in front of a pressurised environment?

St James’ Park, in front of 52,000 passionate Geordies, is the place for that.

This claim that Abraham rejected Newcastle because of the nightlife seems pathetic to me as well.

It’s a cracking night out in the city, and players should be able to enjoy that - but all in moderation.

If he can’t trust himself to work hard on the training field and then every now and again let some steam off down the Quayside then perhaps he is better off not coming to the North East.

What frustrates me about this situation though is it strikes me as a football failing to think for himself. Undoubtedly an agent has got into his ear and wrongly advised him that Swansea is the club for him next season.

That is total rubbish. Rafa is the manager who can make Abraham realise his potential. Paul Clement seems to be a decent coach, but Rafa is on a different level altogether.

I don’t know Abraham personally and I don’t know his exact reasons for choosing Swansea over Newcastle but, quite frankly, any excuse would be weak in my eyes.

If he doesn’t realise that, then perhaps it’s best he has chosen to go elsewhere after all.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/any-excuse-tammy-abraham-gives-13241591

Aren't you putting too much weight on how much say the player actually has in any loan deal?

Surely the parent club heavily influences any final decision, and probably has the final say when push comes to shove anyway? Could be as simple as the Paul Clement connection sealing the deal in this case for all we know.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Aren't you putting too much weight on how much say the player actually has in any loan deal?

Surely the parent club heavily influences any final decision, and probably has the final say when push comes to shove anyway? Could be as simple as the Paul Clement connection sealing the deal in this case for all we know.

You do realise I'm not Mick Quinn don't you?!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
#Breaking Swansea have confirmed the signing of England Under-21 striker Tammy Abraham on loan #Swans #CFC

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
SSN reporting Burnley have bid £8mill for Assombalonga...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Guess he took the money then, rumoured Swansea offered a 1mil signing bonus

And the chance to play for an established Premier League club with a better squad than ours. Same as I would have done, if I wasn't a Brighton fan.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Guess he took the money then, rumoured Swansea offered a 1mil signing bonus
Obviously. Rumour was, that his agent demanded an extra £1M from Brighton and Newcastle (after a deal had been made between Chelski and both clubs, of equal financial value, and they were content to let the player choose who to go to). I'd like to think the reason that he's going to Swansea, not us or Newcastle, would be because we turned round and told his agent to do one.
Swansea obviously didn't do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here