Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I think I must be the only person on here to think we should be aiming higher than Tammy. We marked him out the game at the Amex, and he's going to come up against better defenders than Dunk and Hünemeier in the PL.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think I must be the only person on here to think we should be aiming higher than Tammy. We marked him out the game at the Amex, and he's going to come up against better defenders than Dunk and Hünemeier in the PL.

You aren't the only one. I would like him, but without any obligation for him to play in x amount of games that he and chelski will likely want.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
You aren't the only one. I would like him, but without any obligation for him to play in x amount of games that he and chelski will likely want.
For me he would be useful as a 3rd/4th choice striker, but as you say, Chelsea would want him to play more.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I'd say the same about Tomori. Clearly a very decent prospect indeed, so:

- I can't imagine Chelsea want to sell him.
- He needs game time now.
- He'll not get first choice game time with us.
- He probably would at a fair few Championship clubs.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Six days ago the Daily Mail were reporting Everton wanted Tammy and were willing to use him as leverage in a deal for Lukaka. The thing is if Everton get a huge fee for Lukaku they'll probably spend a fair wedge on another striker so Abraham might not get much of a look-in there.

Brighton does tick a lot of boxes: guaranteed regular game time, easy for Chelsea to keep an eye on him, easy for the player re contact with friends and family, stable club, great training facilities.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

You're referring to the game that they won, one of only three to leave the Amex with a victory. The very same game that effectively stopped us from winning the title. He was alright in that game, but my focus is beyond one game, and he got 20+ goals in a season for a team that just avoided relegation, and has a whole series of other attributes that will be required in the PL -- goalscoring, pace, movement, strength, power -- and that our current set of strikers only have some of.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I'd say the same about Tomori. Clearly a very decent prospect indeed, so:

- I can't imagine Chelsea want to sell him.
- He needs game time now.
- He'll not get first choice game time with us.
- He probably would at a fair few Championship clubs.
Agreed.

If we are serious about staying up, and I'm sure we are, we need to be looking at the calibre of players that say a West Brom or a Stoke are looking at. They don't pay huge transfer fees but manage to get in PL standard players. Can't see either of those clubs wanting the 2 from Chelsea.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Six days ago the Daily Mail were reporting Everton wanted Tammy and were willing to use him as leverage in a deal for Lukaka. The thing is if Everton get a huge fee for Lukaku they'll probably spend a fair wedge on another striker so Abraham might not get much of a look-in there.

Brighton does tick a lot of boxes: guaranteed regular game time, easy for Chelsea to keep an eye on him, easy for the player re contact with friends and family, stable club, great training facilities.

Why is it easier for Chelsea to keep an eye on him at Brighton and not at Everton? We might be closer but that's hardly going to make any difference.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
You're referring to the game that they won, one of only three to leave the Amex with a victory. The very same game that effectively stopped us from winning the title. He was alright in that game, but my focus is beyond one game, and he got 20+ goals in a season for a team that just avoided relegation, and has a whole series of other attributes that will be required in the PL -- goalscoring, pace, movement, strength, power -- and that our current set of strikers only have some of.
Sure, but 20+ in the Championship equates to about 10 in the PL, and if one of your 2 main strikers barely hits double figures it puts the pressure on the others.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why is it easier for Chelsea to keep an eye on him at Brighton and not at Everton? We might be closer but that's hardly going to make any difference.

Er, distance. 1 hour from Cobham, that must be a factor, especially if he got injured and Chelsea wanted to check him out.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sure, but 20+ in the Championship equates to about 10 in the PL, and if one of your 2 main strikers barely hits double figures it puts the pressure on the others.

Only 21 players managed to get into double figures in the PL this season (in a season where the number of goals scored were one of the highest on record). Even if you're right that 20+ Championship goals equates to about 10 in the PL, I'd take that now.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Only 21 players managed to get into double figures in the PL this season (in a season where the number of goals scored were one of the highest on record). Even if you're right that 20+ Championship goals equates to about 10 in the PL, I'd take that now.
I take your point, but if on 12th August our forward line is Baldock/Abrahams, or Murray/Abrahams, I think we're in for a long season.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think Abraham would be an excellent signing. Last season, his first playing senior football, he scored 26 goals in a mediocre team. As an 18/19 year old. That's more goals than Glen Murray scored for us, a player who was in an excellent team and played really well all season. It's more than Zamora got in both spells in the championship with us combined.

Abraham clearly knows where the goal is, is only going to get better, and for my money is an undoubted premier league quality striker. Between him and Murray they would comfortably get 15-20 goals over the season. If we can get him in on loan it's a no brainer for me. He wouldn't count towards the 25 man squad and would leave more money for the Baldock competition/replacement and any other area of the team that needs strengthening.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I take your point, but if on 12th August our forward line is Baldock/Abrahams, or Murray/Abrahams, I think we're in for a long season.

Murray/Abraham sounds pretty good to me. I think we'll be bringing in another striker too.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I think he'd be a great signing, as although he'd take up a loan spot (something the first XI haven't been overly reliant on under Hughton), he wouldn't count towards the 25 man squad due to his age, would not be on astronomical wages, and presumably would not cost us a large loan fee providing he's getting experience in the first team. Even if he didn't set the world alight with us, he'd be a wonderful addition to the squad in an area that we are currently a little light on.

Also, I would highly doubt he is our number one striking option.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Make it so

tammy-annual-1985.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here