Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Signing for Swansea today. Sauce BBC

Thank god for that, we can move on to maybe a more experienced striker to help us out. Also as many have said, think we need permanent players, not loanees, as I am sure they will be playing for themselves and parent club. Good news I think in the long run, only bad news if we do not sign another striker.....move on

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
what rubbish.

He really didn't want to come here did he.

Swansea ffs

Strengthens a relegation rival as well.

Can we all slag him off now and say he was sh t anyway

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Apparently Swansea and his old coach Paul Clement have entered the race to sign him on a season loan.

One of the few sides that I think genuinely have more chance of going down than us. I guess he must have a good relationship with Clement.

Only being reported by the mirror so far, but perhaps having worked with Paul Clement before may have swayed him.

This suggestion is nonsense. Its perfectly likely that Clement's relationships with people at Chelsea will play a part, but any link between Clement and the player himself is exceedingly tenuous.

Clement joined Chelsea in 2007 as an U16s coach, when Tammy Abraham was TEN. By the time Tammy was TWELVE years old, Clement was working with the first team. By the time Tammy was 14, Clement was at Blackburn.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Think to be honest if we take our blue and white striped hats off, if you were a young a player and had 3 teams after you, one up north a long way from home, a local one but new to Premier league and untested, or an established team in the league with a good reputation of playing good football etc, managed by someone he knows...maybe not a bad choice.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Think to be honest if we take our blue and white striped hats off, if you were a young a player and had 3 teams after you, one up north a long way from home, a local one but new to Premier league and untested, or an established team in the league with a good reputation of playing good football etc, managed by someone he knows...maybe not a bad choice.

Or Celtic (who are apparently also interested), again a long way from home, but potentially Champions/Europa League football.

Edit: scrap that, seems like Swansea is as good as done deal. Maybe Celtic left their interest a little too late.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
MOST I agree and therefore if he's in the not sure camp I'd say let's move on...

...but Tomori (his stated best friend in football) was very much on board 100% for his time here.

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

He may turn out to be fantastic but anyone that doesn't want to be here we can do without.

On to other targets.

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Quite relieved now - absolutely nothing wrong with having players loan - in fact I believe loanees will be essential for us this season. They have to be loanees with the right attitude and character though, like Bridge, Ward, Tomori, Poco, etc. Wonder if Swansea coughed up that extra £million that the agent and Tammy apparently suddenly added to their demands?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Quite relieved now - absolutely nothing wrong with having players loan - in fact I believe loanees will be essential for us this season. They have to be loanees with the right attitude and character though, like Bridge, Ward, Tomori, Poco, etc. Wonder if Swansea coughed up that extra £million that the agent and Tammy apparently suddenly added to their demands?

Almost certainly.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We've wasted enough time on Abraham. If he'd prefer to go somewhere else he can do one. We can do better.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Less than 5 days ago The Daily Mail reported: He vowed to put talks about his future on hold until the (Under-21 Championship) tournament had been completed.

'The discussions will happen after,' said Abraham. 'Hopefully it will be in the Premier League. I need to take myself to the next level. That's the type of person I am. I always want to do better.'

Seems to me that there's a contradiction there - I'm not the finished article but I still want the same money those that are the finished article get. £50K a week, half a million signing-on fee in the bank and a fat contract with Chelsea but nobody knows whether he can cut it in the Prem.

Clearly, a young guy coming in with no Prem experience and busting our wage structure would not have played out well for us. It will be interesting to see what happens to Swansea and their team morale with the likes of Llorente on big money and Sigurdsson the target of Everton. Hopefully Everton will shift Lukaku and buy Sigurdsson, in which case I can see Swansea very much in the mix for relegation.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
it's been long and drawn out, and a lot of people are fed up with it, but if he did sign I think most fans would be pretty happy about it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I naively :dunce: thought that TA's agent was not in the football business for the money; instead simply being there for TA's general wellbeing.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It looks like it will have to be Tap in Sammy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here