Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Football NEWS, along with SSN, Telegraph, Guardian, Independent and Times - are the only ones that don't simply pass on Chinese Whispers..

And Father Christmas, the Easter Bunny and theTooth Fairy are real. SSN and the Telegraph both had Abraham going to Newcastle.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We are waiting for the usual rush on deadline day. Trouble is you just can't do that in the PL as too many points will be lost
3 PL fixtures before deadline day, but that is still 11 weeks away.

Need to be averaging a signing every ~10 days now.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Football NEWS, along with SSN, Telegraph, Guardian, Independent and Times - are the only ones that don't simply pass on Chinese Whispers.

Everyone has a look at other sources out of impatience, because true Albion transfer news appearing on the above websites is very rare.
I agree with you! I put the same link up as you, a few posts before you did, and was firmly told it didn't mean anything!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
3 PL fixtures before deadline day, but that is still 11 weeks away.

Need to be averaging a signing every ~10 days now.

Please please don't let us wing in by waiting until deadline day to sign a clutch of players.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Please please don't let us wing in by waiting until deadline day to sign a clutch of players.
Something like 8 in, 8 out ( sell / loans ) needed by deadline day.

I can't see it all being left until the end.

Before the deadline we have Man City (h), and Leicester and Watford (a).

Whilst we can be pragmatic and view anything v Man City as a bonus, the other 2 games must be ones we aggressively target for points, so surely we will have most of the squad in place by then.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Anyone hear Mick Quinn on Talk Shite this morning saying Abraham has gone to Swansea? Is this confirmed? He reckons only Newcastle and Swansea were after him and he chose Swansea due to not being able to resist going out on the town in Newcastle. So a) little old Brighton weren't in the running then and b) if he has gone to Swansea, maybe it is something to do with getting playing time...

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Anyone hear Mick Quinn on Talk Shite this morning saying Abraham has gone to Swansea? Is this confirmed? He reckons only Newcastle and Swansea were after him and he chose Swansea due to not being able to resist going out on the town in Newcastle. So a) little old Brighton weren't in the running then and b) if he has gone to Swansea, maybe it is something to do with getting playing time...

Quinn is a blinkered idiot, can't take what he says as anything other than Bull.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

What does Mick Quinn know.... Hughton said we were in for him but will move on to other options. Argus seem to be saying it is to do with the one off £1m fee being paid to the players family + agent which presumably we don't want to get involved with.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/153...st_of_mega_deals_admits_Hughton/?ref=mrb&lp=2

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
What does Mick Quinn know.... Hughton said we were in for him but will move on to other options. Argus seem to be saying it is to do with the one off £1m fee being paid to the players family + agent which presumably we don't want to get involved with.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/153...st_of_mega_deals_admits_Hughton/?ref=mrb&lp=2
Thanks for that, I hadn't seen it. If a club are willing to pay it, you can't blame the player or agent for asking for it. It is just wrong that a club is willing to pay it, unfortunately that's the way it has gone. Look at what's his face going to Reading on loan the other season, wasn't it £2m?

If Hughton feels he is the right player, then his wages and £1m doesn't seem a lot especially if he gets 10-15 goals and keeps us up.. Saying that, also depends on what his wages are..

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Reported in the papers this morning that Swansea won the race for Abraham as they added an additional £1m to the deal that Newcastle and us had agreed with Chelski (fee for agent/player/family).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here