Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I guess this is our first experience of the additional hype, and speculation around transfers at this level. Every media outlet wants to be the first to break any transfer story and we will therefore read about players who have apparently signed for us will appear elsewhere, and vice versa, FAR more than ever happened in the Championship. The media outlets all play the game, while the agents play the media.

Sounds to me like Chelsea have agreed terms with all three clubs but Tammy is yet to decide. That's how I'm reading it. Truth is, if I'm him, knowing Paul Clement would swing it, and that is probably what the media are currently going with on this story.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Interestingly, as [MENTION=255]Cadiz Seagull[/MENTION] has said, the Albion are not accepting that Abraham is going to sign for Swansea and continue to pursue him. This according to today's Argus as a footnote on the article about Albion being offered, but turning down, big bucks to go long haul for pre season friendlies.
I always like the way the argus includes little nuggets at the end of their albion articles which may be unrelated to the main headline.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

May 24, 2017
Make it sweet for the agent and player and any deal can be done in hours

Exactly the point i've trying to make......our attitude has to change.....or accept the fact that our stay in the Premier league is going to be almost certainly very short lived and possibly extremely embarrassing.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
All we know.
Tammy hasn't yet signed for anyone. Aaron Mooy either.
We want them both.
Do we want Mooy as well as Delaney ?

I reckon 6 central midfielders - Groß, Stephens, Kayal, Sidwell, Delaney, Mooy - in the 25 isn't too far fetched, but only if we manage to bring in an U21 as a striker target ( Abraham ? ), or a winger target ( Burke ? ).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Exactly the point i've trying to make......our attitude has to change.....or accept the fact that our stay in the Premier league is going to be almost certainly very short lived and possibly extremely embarrassing.

Make it sweet for the agent and player and any deal can be done in hours

Ha ! a few hours.
Seen this about the Ryan deal.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/153...ow_Albion_pieced_together_the_Maty_Ryan_deal/

Abraham and Mooy haven't signed for anyone. Yet. Partly because both players , who are probably key to any decision about their future, are otherwise occupied playing international football. So lets save the post mortems for when they have.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

What a load of rubbish. You have no idea what is going on, let alone what our attitude is. Utterly clueless and about as pessimistic as it gets. It ain't even the 1st July yet, get a grip.

*just read some of your posts. You're either Palace or an idiot. Care to enlighten us?

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
What a load of rubbish. You have no idea what is going on, let alone what our attitude is. Utterly clueless and about as pessimistic as it gets. It ain't even the 1st July yet, get a grip.

*just read some of your posts. You're either Palace or an idiot. Care to enlighten us?

Exactly! They've been planning for this for years and on the player front at least since Christmas when the going was looking good. The Albion under Bloom has rarely been public about it's transfer activity, so why people continually bang on about how we need to change, need to get with the media circus and embrace the way things are done in the Premier League. Isn't going to happen, just accept it.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Palace ( with an outside chance of being Bournemouth ).

No chance this is an albion fan. Thought it was a ban for falsely pretending to be ? ???

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Palace is my guess.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia

Aren't they the same thing?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
was at Chelsea as a youngster with Clement, probably swung it...

Truth is, if I'm him, knowing Paul Clement would swing it, and that is probably what the media are currently going with on this story.

Once again...

Its perfectly likely that Clement's relationships with people at Chelsea will play a part, but any link between Clement and the player himself is exceedingly tenuous.

Clement joined Chelsea in 2007 as an U16s coach, when Tammy Abraham was TEN. By the time Tammy was TWELVE years old, Clement was working with the first team. By the time Tammy was 14, Clement was at Blackburn.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The whole idea that Abraham would choose Swansea because Clement was there or Newcastle because of Benitez (not, as has been pointed out, that he'd have had much to do with either of them) is based on the assumption that he liked either or both of them. I'm sure we can all think of former bosses or colleagues that we'd be happy never to see ever again.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I reckon he'll end up here, if its true he doesnt want to move too far from home, then neither Swansea or Newcastle are exactly local.

Also if game time is important to him, then he has a much better chance of that with us than either of the other two in my opinion.

Reminds me a bit of the CMS saga, when he was joining Leicester.... No wait..... Hes joining West Ham...... Oh actually.....

Just hope thats where the comparisons end :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I reckon he'll end up here, if its true he doesnt want to move too far from home, then neither Swansea or Newcastle are exactly local.

Also if game time is important to him, then he has a much better chance of that with us than either of the other two in my opinion.

Reminds me a bit of the CMS saga, when he was joining Leicester.... No wait..... Hes joining West Ham...... Oh actually.....

Just hope thats where the comparisons end :lolol:

CMS :facepalm: The £3.5m shuttle sprinter.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We're forgetting that there doesn't necessarily have to be a link between Clement and TA directly for Clement to still be a huge factor in this.

Chelsea are the guys calling the shots. They will loan to the club they feel will best suit TA and improve him. If they, first hand, know of Clement's qualities and feel he and Swansea is the right choice, that's where TA will most likely go.

Chelsea are his employers. If that's where they want to send him then, all the time they pay his wages, he doesn't hold much scope for making it down to his personal choice.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not a fan of loan strikers in the PL if he scores 15+ we will have a huge £30m gap to fill next season IF we stay up.

I take your point but surviving that first season is key because you then get credibility, you've proved you can hack it. Clubs that are unlikely to get relegated are a far more attractive proposition to players, agents and managers than clubs that are, and therefore it almost doesn't matter HOW you survive that first season, it's simply that you DO survive.

If you offered me Tammy here for one year and Albion finishing 17th next season I'd bite your hand off now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here