Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As much as I'd like him to sign for us, wouldn't it be great if all interested clubs turned round and told his greedy agent to stick it, and leave him at Chelsea until they dropped the extra demands. Will keep on happening all the time someone willing to pay it.

Frankly, if he (and more particularly his agent) is going to play greedy buggers, I'd rather we told him to sling his hook. I know that's an old fashioned view, and it's 'not like football now is' - but tbh I'd rather go down (with a good fight), take the parachute payments and build steadily with committed players, not mercenaries.
He's still a teenager, ffs - I'm not sure it's even good for any teenager to be earning - or rather being paid - that much. I know we can't turn the clock back to the days of the maximum wage - and quite rightly - but maybe a wage cap for teenagers would be a good idea? Instill in their minds the idea that the great riches available for footballers later in their career have to be earned.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Don't get all the fuss with TA....yes great prospect for the future but he won't be scoring many in the prem and how many youngsters do score a fair few in the prem? I would see him as a sub player in the premiership and not a starter anyway:)
Completely agree.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Frankly, if he (and more particularly his agent) is going to play greedy buggers, I'd rather we told him to sling his hook. I know that's an old fashioned view, and it's 'not like football now is' - but tbh I'd rather go down (with a good fight), take the parachute payments and build steadily with committed players, not mercenaries.
He's still a teenager, ffs - I'm not sure it's even good for any teenager to be earning - or rather being paid - that much. I know we can't turn the clock back to the days of the maximum wage - and quite rightly - but maybe a wage cap for teenagers would be a good idea? Instill in their minds the idea that the great riches available for footballers later in their career have to be earned.

Great post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the possibility of a creditable striker who doesn't impact on the 25 man squad is incredibly tempting, just so long as he's viewed as an 'extra' player who'll get opportunities, as opposed to a 'quick fix' player who'll save on having to buy someone else.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Surely it's not about wages to him as we will just be covering the wage he's on at Chelsea?! I thought it was just about where it would be best for his career to develop.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
There is absolutely no pressure on my players to make a rash decision. He knows there is lots of demand for him and whilst he is away on International duty he can just decide. I thought terms had been agreed between Chelsea and Brighton/ Newcastle and they have left the decision to him.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
There is absolutely no pressure on my players to make a rash decision. He knows there is lots of demand for him and whilst he is away on International duty he can just decide. I thought terms had been agreed between Chelsea and Brighton/ Newcastle and they have left the decision to him.

This. It is only June 19th and the new season is almost 2 months away!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely it's not about wages to him as we will just be covering the wage he's on at Chelsea?! I thought it was just about where it would be best for his career to develop.

I thought terms had been agreed between Chelsea and Brighton/ Newcastle and they have left the decision to him.
Wages and payments to Chelsea etc. have all been agreed, apparently, and Chelsea are leaving it up to the player to decide. But now it has been suggested (and that is what I was responding to) that his agent has now put in an extra demand for a million quid just for signing on the dotted line - apparently to be split 50/50 between player and agent.
If that is indeed the case, then I stick to my every word that we should tell them to sling their hook.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wages and payments to Chelsea etc. have all been agreed, apparently, and Chelsea are leaving it up to the player to decide. But now it has been suggested (and that is what I was responding to) that his agent has now put in an extra demand for a million quid just for signing on the dotted line - apparently to be split 50/50 between player and agent.
If that is indeed the case, then I stick to my every word that we should tell them to sling their hook.

If Chelsea are allowing this to happen some club will agree to it. I am starting to wonder if he's not a bit too high maintenance.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
If Chelsea are allowing this to happen some club will agree to it. I am starting to wonder if he's not a bit too high maintenance.

Kind of agree.

But then on the other hand, you question who would leak that kind of information if it were true.

I think we're going to get quite used to agents being tw*ts (even more so than previously) this season now we've made the step up.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Surely an agent can't demand payment on a loan deal? Doesn't that put in to question the aims of the parent club as to the development of the player?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here