Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
A few weeks ago he was nailed on to go to Newcastle because of the Benitez factor now it's Swansea because of the Clement factor , he will make up his mind when he is good and ready and we will be busy pursuing other avenues.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Has this ship sailed, or not? I'm confused TBH...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Or maybe we didn't float his boat (or told his agent where to stick the rumoured demand for an extra £1 million up front?) Anyway, the BBC seem to think it's pretty much done and dusted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40325981

Quotes from Jenkins on every subject under the sun except Abraham. Probably an existing report with a new top updated to include Abraham because the work experience kid on the BBC online sports desk read it on another website. If you understand how the media work, you won't believe any transfer rumours until you see a photo of a player holding his new club's scarf.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Quotes from Jenkins on every subject under the sun except Abraham. Probably an existing report with a new top updated to include Abraham because the work experience kid on the BBC online sports desk read it on another website. If you understand how the media work, you won't believe any transfer rumours until you see a photo of a player holding his new club's scarf.

I think they've moved on to shirts now

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Llorente gets injuries, so this is good cover as they struggled massively when he didn't play. PL squads should have 3 or 4 TOP FLIGHT QUALITY strikers.

Great bit of business by Swansea, their experience showing how to get key deals over the line early on in the summer, giving a full pre season to new players.

Should ensure their survival, again.

Agree. they also have Gomis (out on loan last season ) and Ayew. I think teams need four of five strikers really. Five or six of one of the strikers is versatile enough to play as a winger instead (e.g. Baldock).

The point is that Swansea are weak enough in attack to give Abraham game time, but so are us and Newcastle.

I think we will have to get over 40 points to be above Swansea in the final reckoning. Abraham is borrowed as a one season wonder and not future-proofed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agree. they also have Gomis (out on loan last season ) and Ayew. I think teams need four of five strikers really. Five or six of one of the strikers is versatile enough to play as a winger instead (e.g. Baldock).

The point is that Swansea are weak enough in attack to give Abraham game time, but so are us and Newcastle.

I think we will have to get over 40 points to be above Swansea in the final reckoning. Abraham is borrowed as a one season wonder and not future-proofed.

Keep saying it but if Abraham is our number one target we'll likely be back in the Championship at season's end. Brilliant if he is one of at least two, preferably, three quality forwards we sign though. He is really unlikely to be our talisman though imo.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Keep saying it but if Abraham is our number one target we'll likely be back in the Championship at season's end. Brilliant if he is one of at least one, preferably, two quality forwards we sign though. He is really unlikely to be our talisman imo.

I'd be disappointed and surprised if we were pinning our hopes on Abraham as our No.1 striker signing. I very much doubt that this is the case. Agree though, if it is it doesn't show the aspiration to give this season a proper go.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'd be disappointed and surprised if we were pinning our hopes on Abraham as our No.1 striker signing. I very much doubt that this is the case. Agree though, if it is it doesn't show the aspiration to give this season a proper go.

Agree. I bet this is the unwritten consensus amongst the fans at both Brighton and Newcastle; and Swansea as well for that matter.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Who was it who said 'he's not as good as some people on here think' and 'he's not as crap as some people on here think'.

He's a very promising youngster who would be a good addition but it wouldn't be end of the world if he went elsewhere.

Just realised - it was me ! I'm a genius :)

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
See Huddersfield have brought a Belgium striker for £11.5m - whilst we wait for an answer from a player we want on loan, let alone buy!
Yes I am inpatient

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Although some on here think if it's the BBC it's not right!

Football NEWS, along with SSN, Telegraph, Guardian, Independent and Times - are the only ones that don't simply pass on Chinese Whispers.

Everyone has a look at other sources out of impatience, because true Albion transfer news appearing on the above websites is very rare.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
See Huddersfield have brought a Belgium striker for £11.5m - whilst we wait for an answer from a player we want on loan, let alone buy!
Yes I am inpatient ��

Err what? No news on this?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes I am inpatient ��

The Albion have new annual additional income of £100m. With that they can go down the Boro cautious model, or the ambitious versions of Stains and B'mouth who immediately spent heavily on many players in getting to the PL. Look where they are now.

We will find out which route TB has opted for come 1st September.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here