Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely; there must be something wrong with our recruitment process given that we were also unable to get the likes of Jesse Lingard, Joao Teixeira and James Wilson to sign on the dotted line.

Over the last 10 years or so that is hardly impressive is it? Anyway my post was partly in jest as I did not expect us to be able to compete with Newcastle.

You are the expert on the youth teams, when are we going to see a forward come through the ranks to be a top player in the first team? Are there any with the genuine potential to step up?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Over the last 10 years or so that is hardly impressive is it? Anyway my post was partly in jest as I did not expect us to be able to compete with Newcastle.

You are the expert on the youth teams, when are we going to see a forward come through the ranks to be a top player in the first team? Are there any with the genuine potential to step up?

Although over 10 years you could also add Chris Wood and my personal favourite Ashley Barnes to the list. Still not massively impressive for a team that has been there or thereabouts for most of those 10 years.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I'm disappointed by the lack of ethics displayed by the barcodes. You'd think that they would have stepped aside and let us sign Abraham after we let them win the division.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I'm disappointed by the lack of ethics displayed by the barcodes. You'd think that they would have stepped aside and let us sign Abraham after we let them win the division.

Well for the last three games we were inept, so they are now rubbing our faces in it.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I accept your compliment in the spirit it was intended, but I have to make two points:-

1) I never get to see the U-18s play (apart from the occasional FA Youth Cup tie that the club might televise), and I never get to see the U-23s live (for obvious reasons), so whilst I might know a fair amount about our youngsters it is generally not based upon first-hand experience

2) If I had an ability to identify future Premier League players at the age of 15/16 then I would be working in youth player development or as an agent

Having said that, I'm excited by the potential of Jordan Maguire-Drew and Aaron Connolly, but English football is littered with examples of highly-touted "wonderkids" who disappeared without trace almost as soon as they first made headlines, so I'm not going to engage in any sort of hype.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He chose a fat Spaniard over the lean CH who the hell is advising this kid?

A top European manager who's won major trophies, playing in front of 52,000 faithful in a huge stadium, will have a far bigger budget than us and likely to pay TA more; or

PL newcomers, under a good Championship/PL manager and equal bookies favourite to struggle next season.

Bitching about Rafa aside, TA's decision makes sense.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We got Craig McKail Smith from under the noses of West Ham and Leicester.

Why couldn't we have been the bridesmaid THEN?

So true but it was worse as by letting GM go it was more like we divorced an older beauty and married a beauty with fantastic hair who turned out to be a big disappointment in the sack . :smile:

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not fussed at all about Pilchard and Tap in Tammy. Over rated both of them.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If you had said Zamora i would have agreed with you ;-)

We've signed Ulloa, Baldock, Lingard, Murray, Wilson, Hemed in the last few years so the idea that we can't land quality strikers , sometimes young ones is not how i see it .
Sure we've missed out on a few (Grabban, Pritchard, Calleri) but then the grass isn't always greener.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
We've signed Ulloa, Baldock, Lingard, Murray, Wilson, Hemed in the last few years so the idea that we can't land quality strikers , sometimes young ones is not how i see it .
Sure we've missed out on a few (Grabban, Pritchard, Calleri) but then the grass isn't always greener.

We also signed Best, Obika and O'Grady so we don't get it all right.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And Bent, Vokes, Wood, & Barnes. Of course. But the idea that we're always the bridesmaid in landing strikers in last decade is guff.

YOUNG strikers I said and for a club on the up it's not a great record over 10 years. We have signed two in Baldock and Barnes and struggled most seasons to get a decent young striker in on loan. James Wilson flattered to deceive and was lazy too (although some kept insisting he was ill all season. even though CH kept playing him), Vokes isn't all that, Lingard and Wood I give you and Tex also but we are talking about the last 10 years, it is a paltry amount ffs!! Anyway it's the time of year you come stalking me, so bring it on :smile:

Now if we want talk about getting quality defenders signed up and loaned, different ball game altogther!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here