Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I think that he will struggle aganst better full backs hence Leicester letting him go when they went up.

They didn't let him go, they offered him a four year contract which he refused to sign, instead opting to play for Standard Liege, because it was closer to his family home, his father having been ill.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/a...icester-city/story-26760541-detail/story.html

His father got better which is why, when we offered to buy him, he came back to England.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think that he will struggle aganst better full backs hence Leicester letting him go when they went up.

I'm worried that may be true of several of our players actually. Bruno seems set to be our first choice right back, as well as captain. He has served us well over the years, but his lack of pace was very apparent last season, and that was in the Championship, not the Premier League.

Being loyal to the players who got us this far is admirable, but in my opinion we will need at least half a dozen new players, most with Premier League experience, to help us adapt, and hopefully, ultimately survive, in the top division.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Very different player now to then - according to my Leicester STH colleague anyway. I also think he still has a way to go - mostly decision making (ie when to cross or try to beat 5 defenders on his own). Will be an absolute key player for us next season in creating chances. His defensive mindset and workrate are light years away from when he was at Leicester too (well done CH I suspect)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They didn't let him go, they offered him a four year contract which he refused to sign, instead opting to play for Standard Liege, because it was closer to his family home, his father having been ill.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/a...icester-city/story-26760541-detail/story.html

His father got better which is why, when we offered to buy him, he came back to England.

His decision may also have had something to do with Riyad Mahrez, being signed to take his place in the team.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope that I am wrong but I think that we have 3 possibly 4 players that will cope with the step up. Dunk,Duffy Stephens and possibly the new German I fear the rest will be squad players and not first choice. If he signs I would add Stockdale to those 4.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yes agreed, but perhaps one couldn't blame him for choosing to leave, knowing that Mahrez may be picked ahead of him.

I haven't got a problem with that, I was pointing out the error of [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] post. Pearson called Knockaert a match winner and offered him a four year contract, which doesn't say to me that he struggled against better full backs.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I hope that I am wrong but I think that we have 3 possibly 4 players that will cope with the step up. Dunk,Duffy Stephens and possibly the new German I fear the rest will be squad players and not first choice. If he signs I would add Stockdale to those 4.

You think March and Knockaert will be holding us back next season?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I haven't got a problem with that, I was pointing out the error of [MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION]s Grandad's post. Pearson called Knockaert a match winner and offered him a four year contract, which doesn't say to me that he struggled against better full backs.

Didnt he leave when Pearson left? Pearson also rated and bought Ulloa.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I'm possibly not quite the Stockdale supporter that you are BG, but l definately concur re our two centre backs, and Stephens, who l think could be our most influential player next season. Pascal Gross of course, we haven't seen kick a ball for us yet.

My fear is, that unless we bring in serious reinforcements before we kick off the new season, then it will lead to our downfall. Tony Bloom is just going to have open his wallet and start investing more in the team, and yes, let some of our current crop of players go, who clearly in my view, are just not going to be good enough. I really am surprised that certain players are on the retained list.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Abraham scored nearly half of all Bristol City's 60 goals this season, a brilliant return, and I think we'd be lucky to bring him on loan for a season. There's a real chance he could hit the ground running and score a decent amount of goals, look at Kane a couple seasons back, Rashford, and even Dele Alli to some extent.

Is he young enough to not count towards the 25 man squad?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Abraham scored nearly half of all Bristol City's 60 goals this season, a brilliant return, and I think we'd be lucky to bring him on loan for a season. There's a real chance he could hit the ground running and score a decent amount of goals, look at Kane a couple seasons back, Rashford, and even Dele Alli to some extent.

Is he young enough to not count towards the 25 man squad?

I don't really think you can put Abraham in the same class as a young Harry Kane, or Dele Alli. Not yet a while anyway. Remember all his goals have come in the Premier League thus far.

mike1901

May 12, 2017
Umm just a thourght, but does any body think that may be this deal might hinge on Stockdale going to Chelsea ?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I think they will both have good games aoccassionally possibly from the bench but not consistently

As do all but the best wingers. If they had good games every week at the top level they would be playing for Chelsea, Man U, Barca.

Sorry but if you think AK and March are bench players you really are going to be disappointed with our squad next season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here