Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another pitch invasion

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Imo if anyone who didn't get to go on the pitch for the Wigan match should be allowed their celebration against Bristol City if we achieve our goal.

Otherwise it would be double standards, as long as they clear the pitch in let's say 10 mins or so, where's the problem???

Spot off

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A few are bound to jump over, and I should imagine when less follow than last time, a few eager stewards and GET OFFs from the terraces it might subside. Who knows?

I predict an all round resounding BOOING of those that do try to go on.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not really sure why we need another thread on another pitch invasion.

Nothing was going to stop me going on against Wigan. Was bloody marvellous. Barber could bully and threaten me as much as he liked but I was going on. Just once I wanted to walk on the Amex pitch. Now I have done it, I won't do it again until we win the PL !!

We have had our day and its time for the players to have their day on Saturday.

Anybody who gets nicked or has their ST withdrawn for going on the pitch on Saturday will get short shrift from me.

Fair bit of double standards in there. 'I was going on the pitch whatever', even though it is 1.illegal 2. the club had requested that it should not be done.

But if somebody else does it in exactly the same official standpoint then they will get 'short shrift from me' even if they have lost their season ticket. One rule for one and one for the other?

As it happens I briefly entered the playing area after the Wigan game, but will not be doing so this time round. If a few others ignore the requests for 4 or 5 minutes I may well encourage them to leave the pitch ASAP but I am not hypocritical enough to hope they lose their STs.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Barber didn't bully anyone, he did what was required to not get a punishment from the FA.

Christ, change the record. Barber has CEO'd the club to the Premier League and yet he STILL gets shit all the time. He isn't that bad.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Barber didn't bully anyone, he did what was required to not get a punishment from the FA.

Christ, change the record. Barber has CEO'd the club to the Premier League and yet he STILL gets shit all the time. He isn't that bad.

This. The club now have to explain themselves about the pitch invasion, which he can easily do by showing them the press releases, tannoy announcements etc l requesting people don't go on the pitch. There is nothing else the club could of done to stop people, short of hiring thousands of riot police, which obviously wasn't going to happen.

I'm sure he hopes nobody goes on the pitch this time, but I'm equally sure this latest request to stay off the pitch is him covering our arses with the FA again. I'm fairly sure there will be another pitch invasion if we win the game, but I'd be very surprised if it is anything like the last one, and it will be cleared pretty quickly as soon as the club announce that they need to present the trophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Those who do jump better be fit to run with pace.

3E15D6A500000578-4300934-image-a-67_1489148051349.jpg

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
having been on the mecca (goldstone) more times than I can remember -and withdean and now the new mecca ---------did we ever go on at the preistfield ???????????

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Imo if anyone who didn't get to go on the pitch for the Wigan match should be allowed their celebration against Bristol City if we achieve our goal.

Otherwise it would be double standards, as long as they clear the pitch in let's say 10 mins or so, where's the problem???
crikey the lunatics escaped !!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Perhaps NSC could form an Amex Pitch Invasion Historical Re-enactment Society over the summer so nobody misses out on their entitlement :nono:

Jan 30, 2008
It doesn't really matter what your opinion is. Only about 2% of the 30,000 crowd are registered on NSC. Nobody is going to listen to anything you or I say, and nobody is going to change anybody else's mind. It all depends on what happens on the day.

All this 'we might not be able to present the trophy if people come on the pitch' is quite clearly complete bollocks. Can anyone seriously imagine that happening? Like people wouldn't clear the pitch if the club announced 'we need to present the Championship trophy, please clear the pitch'? It's a ludicrous idea.

Well said Boss , will be a pitch invasion against the cider heads ,COULD BE UPSETTING FOR SOME OF OUR FLAKEY FANS
regards
DR

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Well said Boss , will be a pitch invasion against the cider heads ,COULD BE UPSETTING FOR SOME OF OUR FLAKEY FANS
regards
DR

You going to this one Das?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
nope ,would be Hypocritical for me to turn up :wink:
regards
DR

Shame.

I've got a mate who doesn't go anymore (apart from Forest the day we made the play-offs in the last minute, Middlesbrough last game last season and Wigan at home this season). You could be like him. He did his time over the years and is now officially a big game glory hunter. It works for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here