The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Great work, Atilla, as ever. Nailed it. :thumbsup:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Thanks everyone.
I've been asked to perform 'Goldstone Ghosts' on the pitch on Saturday about 5pm. An absolute honour. Better watch the beer intake before that ;)

I'm not sure Donna-Marie Hughes can follow that!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Excellent work there, really stirring!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This was a wonderful start to a superb evening. To be slightly moist of eye before proceedings had barely begun was a treat. We were in safe hands.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Take a bow Atilla, Albion Legend!

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Thanks everyone.
I've been asked to perform 'Goldstone Ghosts' on the pitch on Saturday about 5pm. An absolute honour. Better watch the beer intake before that ;)

Excellent news.

As brilliant as the last week has been in terms of relishing the promotion I now want to play as much a part in helping the Albion secure the title as I KNEW we would have to against Sheffield Wednesday if the team were going to overcome the deficit last season.

I urge each and every one of us use the late kick off time to its fullest, by all means drink long and hard but retain your voices chaps because come 5pm those magnificent boys in the blue and white stripes deserve the mother of all send offs.

We need to let each and every one of them know just what this last 20 years has been about, that time hasn't dampened our enthusiasm or resolve, that we don't just intend on being content with having got there, that we want to help them and US get there in style as CHAMPIONS.

I've borrowed a better word smith's words and offered up a twist of the Albion but never more have I wanted us all to make a difference as much as I have this coming Saturday so I say to you all:

This story shall the good Sussex yeoman teach his son;
And April 29th shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sings his heart out with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in Sussex now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That sang with us upon the Albion's day.

Cry God for Tony and the ALBION!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Respect! Poetry on and off the field.
It's great to have a "poet in residence".
I doubt if any other Premier League clubs have one.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Respect! Poetry on and off the field.
It's great to have a "poet in residence".
I doubt if any other Premier League clubs have one.

I think Barnsley have one, (obviously not Premier League) some bloke who turns up on BBC Breakfast news doing paper reviews every now and then, having to mention "Yorkshire" every other sentence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I think Barnsley have one, (obviously not Premier League) some bloke who turns up on BBC Breakfast news doing paper reviews every now and then, having to mention "Yorkshire" every other sentence.

Ian McMillan. Nice bloke. Stumpy Tim, this is about the fans' campaigns, not the financial/board side of things, obviously. Tony Bloom is a fantastic chairman who has done wonders for the club - both he and DK are the first to say that what they did would not have been possible without our collective action...that's what this poem is about.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Excellent stuff. Would love to see that on the concourse walls sometime soon (suspect the Falmer ref might stop it though!). I always take a moment to read Goldstone Ghosts when I'm there.

Totally agree...exactly what should be on the concourses at the Amex!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here