Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From Hereford To Here....

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I think Barnsley have one, (obviously not Premier League) some bloke who turns up on BBC Breakfast news doing paper reviews every now and then, having to mention "Yorkshire" every other sentence.

Ian McMillan. Nice bloke. Stumpy Tim, this is about the fans' campaigns, not the financial/board side of things, obviously. Tony Bloom is a fantastic chairman who has done wonders for the club - both he and DK are the first to say that what they did would not have been possible without our collective action...that's what this poem is about.

That's the one. Top poem, looking forward to hearing it Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Sterling prose Attila.....as always.....was amazing to be there last night to hear you read this....and Goldstone Ghosts.....real tear jerking moments!
Great to hear that you will be reading From Hereford to Here at Falmer on Saturday......so fitting.
Albion Legend!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Thanks everyone.
I've been asked to perform 'Goldstone Ghosts' on the pitch on Saturday about 5pm. An absolute honour. Better watch the beer intake before that ;)

Great - but can't help thinking this one would be even more appropiate?!

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
Superb.

This should be somewhere on the outside of the ground:

With sheer determination
Without a hint of fear
We made the noise which brought the boys
From Hereford to here.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sure why the tagging wasn't working in the post above. Suspect it's the multiple videos that's throwing it out or something.

[MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION] you were tagged in the above ^^^

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Thanks [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] for posting these.
It's a foray into the process of learning how to shut up and listen to someone else talk.
In order: 1: Ade and Al from Albion Roar, 2: Paul Samrah, 3: Dan Tester and 4: Paul Camillin.
By Episode 3 I have, I think, achieved it.
I am interviewing Dick Knight tomorrow. He is the only person I have ever met who talks more than I do as a matter of course.
:)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Thanks [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] for posting these.
It's a foray into the process of learning how to shut up and listen to someone else talk.
In order: 1: Ade and Al from Albion Roar, 2: Paul Samrah, 3: Dan Tester and 4: Paul Camillin.
By Episode 3 I have, I think, achieved it.
I am interviewing Dick Knight tomorrow. He is the only person I have ever met who talks more than I do as a matter of course.
:)

Hi Atilla
Fascinating stuff to listen to, hopefully were in the right order :)
I did briefly chat to Paul Camillin at the SOL meeting, a while back where TB was also present, slightly pissed after arriving from Cheltenham.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
A point about the original poem, after which the little Latest TV series is obviously named. Firstly, I changed 'bloody long' to 'Bloomin' long' as a tribute to TB in the version broadcast on BT Sport before the Man City game last season.
Secondly, and rather predictably, the second half of verse 3 was removed for that broadcast which means the thing no longer scanned. Modern football, eh? :)

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
[MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] thanks for putting these videos up, i was totally unaware of them. [MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION] great idea John, well done, perhaps could be a bit longer, each episode has left me feeling that both you and your guests had so much more to say, but really enjoyed them, keep it going, thanks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here