Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Stewart of Liverpool

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'll just say I trust Hughton and our recruitment team to get it right...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Liverpool fan review. Make of it what you will.

"I was going to say that he is just alright – doesn’t make mistakes, plays it simple, but also doesn’t add anything to the team when he plays. However I’ve just read that Liverpool have valued him at £10million! If you pay anywhere near that, then it will be daylight robbery.

Carl and I have just agreed that his value should be in the £1-£2milion range, which takes into consideration that he has just signed a long term contract.

Rodgers signed him as a free agent after he was release by Spurs at the age of 20. He was a centre back, but considered too small. Klopp has converted him into a holding midfielder.

I would say that he is a poor man’s Jay Spearing……… who is also shit."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder if the basis of the fictitious £10m figure, is the £15m LFC stung Bournemouth for Jordan Ibe last summer?

Or the £8m Brighton were about to pay for pilchard?

A multi million pound figure isn't out of context for Stewart.
Football transfers are out of context.
It would appear NSC appreciation of the transfer market is out of context.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Liverpool fan review. Make of it what you will.

"I was going to say that he is just alright – doesn’t make mistakes, plays it simple, but also doesn’t add anything to the team when he plays. However I’ve just read that Liverpool have valued him at £10million! If you pay anywhere near that, then it will be daylight robbery.

Carl and I have just agreed that his value should be in the £1-£2milion range, which takes into consideration that he has just signed a long term contract.

Rodgers signed him as a free agent after he was release by Spurs at the age of 20. He was a centre back, but considered too small. Klopp has converted him into a holding midfielder.

I would say that he is a poor man’s Jay Spearing……… who is also shit."

Are you sure he's not FROM Liverpool....... on the blue side?
That's an awful review from someone who has probably never even seen him play. I think a probable fee would be about £7m, possibly some sell on % but not a buy back due to his age.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Since he's been here we haven't really had to question CH's judgement - just about all the decisions he has made on players and type of football he wants to see have come off. From the little I have seen of Kevin Stewart on TV he looks a decent young player who has been brought on by a club renowned for developing talent. We have obviously had our scouts looking at him and if CH likes the look of him at that price I ain't going to argue. Rather him than some PL hasbeen wanting to milk an inflated salary.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
There are deals to be had - Mason/Livermore/Long/Wanyama/Marc Wilson/Chadli/Redmond among a few that went for around 10 million

Another good example is Swansea paying 4.5m for Tom Carroll in the last window. Less than half the fee being quoted, has a lot more footballing experience and was also an England u-21 international and Captain.

Ketchy

Steve Fosters Sweat Band
May 19, 2009
Seaford
Going to be linked to every available player from now to September!!! Going to be a long summer

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Or the £8m Brighton were about to pay for pilchard?

A multi million pound figure isn't out of context for Stewart.
Football transfers are out of context.
It would appear NSC appreciation of the transfer market is out of context.

I completely agree with this, £10m does not get you much at all now, it is going to be even worse this summer with the new PL money and European clubs pushing up the prices for the 'stars' to come to England which will put up the price of even the cheapest Premier League Hardened Experienced player

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
If we are/were looking at players with PL experience I'd expect us to look at players at teams who have been relegated. What are the options in central midfield?
Jack Cork, De Roon or the aforementioned Tom Carroll.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here