Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plastic supporters...

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
What are the official gradings of supporter then?

Perhaps...

Platinum
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Plastic
Polystyrene
Cardboard
Tissue

How can a plastic move up the scale? What does she need to do?

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Without doing a precursory search for topics and thus saying this without any realistic chance of it being accurate: I'm amazed it took nine days for a thread about plastics to appear.

That was the 1st thing I thought. The "uber Brighton fan" must be licking their lips at telling somebody they're a "plastic" :facepalm:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
What are the official gradings of supporter then?

Perhaps...

Platinum
Gold
Silver
Bronze
Plastic
Polystyrene
Cardboard
Tissue

How can a plastic move up the scale? What does she need to do?

She.:lolol: We're talking football here.

el punal

I'm sorry but I just don't get this plastic fan crap. Anyone that pays to go and watch a match is a football fan. They are supporting the club financially by buying a ticket, be it the Albion or any other club. Does it mean that you are a "plastic fan" if you decide to watch a game as a neutral spectator - which I would imagine many of us have done?

A case in point, I went to watch Eastleigh play Alfreton Town a couple of seasons back (the Albion had played on the Friday night), and the only thing that was plastic that day were the chips.

So, going back to the essence of the thread, in my view the "plastic fan" is the sit-at-home armchair TV match viewer or the one down the pub spouting forth. They are the sort who have never been to a ground to watch a game, and their contribution to football is just one big, fat zero.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Without doing a precursory search for topics and thus saying this without any realistic chance of it being accurate: I'm amazed it took nine days for a thread about plastics to appear.

I even think 'who will we play pre-season?' has taken over from fixtures.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What about us plastic supporters who could not justify investing in a season ticket for a variety of financial and practical reasons ?

You know, those of us who did travel to places like Hartlepool and Carlisle during the dark days ?

We bow to the Super Fans. We know our place. Clearly having a season ticket for the last few years at the AMEX gives a person rights to a superiority complex.

Interesting to note that the only season I have managed to attend every match at the AMEX was our worst one under Hyppia. Still, I'm clearly a glory hunter.

Dumb thread.

In fairness I don't think the thread starter Sir Albion "does" home games let alone has a season ticket...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's a bloke I work with who's never shown the slightest bit of interest in BHAFC. But last week, following our promotion to the PL, he proudly announced that like me "I'm also now a fellow member of Brighton and Hove Albion". He'd paid £25 for a bronze membership, and was looking forward to taking in some games next season.

He was a little taken aback when I said that tickets would be pretty scarce, but wished him luck getting hold of some. "Hang on...I've paid £25 to be a member, why won't I get a ticket ??" was his response. I explained that with 23,000 season tickets, 3,000 away fans and x number of players family / hospitality tickets, there won't be all that many left to go around. Especially as the club haven't capped the number of bronze memberships they were selling. I think he thought that paying £25 guaranteed him an option on a ticket.

Then he asked me how much I was paying for my season ticket, and when I told him, he asked if that also included all the away games.

I mean christ.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
What about us plastic supporters who could not justify investing in a season ticket for a variety of financial and practical reasons ?

You know, those of us who did travel to places like Hartlepool and Carlisle during the dark days ?

We bow to the Super Fans. We know our place. Clearly having a season ticket for the last few years at the AMEX gives a person rights to a superiority complex.

Interesting to note that the only season I have managed to attend every match at the AMEX was our worst one under Hyppia. Still, I'm clearly a glory hunter.

Dumb thread.

I'm sorry but the "super fan" will not care of your historical support, they will not care about your finances, job, childcare etc. If you've not been to every game at the Amex and want to go next season you disgust them, no point arguing the case I'm afraid. But as long as you know that you paid your dues previously that is all that matters :thumbsup:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
IMG_0705.JPG

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
There's a bloke I work with who's never shown the slightest bit of interest in BHAFC. But last week, following our promotion to the PL, he proudly announced that like me "I'm also now a fellow member of Brighton and Hove Albion". He'd paid £25 for a bronze membership, and was looking forward to taking in some games next season.

He was a little taken aback when I said that tickets would be pretty scarce, but wished him luck getting hold of some. "Hang on...I've paid £25 to be a member, why won't I get a ticket ??" was his response. I explained that with 23,000 season tickets, 3,000 away fans and x number of players family / hospitality tickets, there won't be all that many left to go around. Especially as the club haven't capped the number of bronze memberships they were selling. I think he thought that paying £25 guaranteed him an option on a ticket.

Then he asked me how much I was paying for my season ticket, and when I told him, he asked if that also included all the away games.

I mean christ.
What a tosser

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Dumb thread.

He's not talking about you clearly. You're not plastic. But you are a bit sensitive seemingly. Relax!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I mean christ.

So plastic I bet he's got Airfix stamped on his arse.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Our plastics turned up when the Amex opened, so are now dyed in the wool fans mostly I imagine, after the seasons we've had. Keeping them could be a challenge if we struggle though.

Any " I'll only watch the Albion in the Premier League" plastics still left are too late to the party as the OP suggests

Disagree.

We have a poor start and you will see poor crowds against the likes of stoke, Everton etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here