Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull travel . Huge price increases.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I think people are missing what is a valid point. Travel zone or not, if you choose to buy the Seagulls Travel at £135 for 23 games, you don't expect it to then cost you an extra £11 for 19 games the following season. It is a significant increase in the price for no change to the actual service. It's a fair complaint.

Bus fares have just gone up in Brighton. Not related but as someone has already said without knowing the reasoning behind seagulls travel increasing the price we don't have the full facts

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So its gone from £5.87 a match to £7.68...an increase of £1.81 per game (after a price freeze last year)

Hardly going to break the bank is it. I'd file this under "meh" and get on with salivating over next seasons fixtures.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I understand that, but why use Seagull's Travel from Shoreham when you can get to the Amex via your st? I know some people find it more convenient, but as you say, it does seem a rip off.

What if you're elderly or disabled and can't cope with the scrum on the trains or No.25 bus ? You have no choice but to use Seagulls Travel who have a monopoly and are now abusing it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What if you're elderly or disabled and can't cope with the scrum on the trains or No.25 bus ? You have no choice but to use Seagulls Travel who have a monopoly and are now abusing it

As an elderly person, I don't use Seagulls Travel. I use the train or the Park & Ride (Racecourse).

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I'm paying £85 for the matchday bus service which works out at £4.47 per home game. Last season it cost me £84 for 23 home games which was £3.65 per home game.

I'll accept the rise without too much complaint!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I understand that, but why use Seagull's Travel from Shoreham when you can get to the Amex via your st? I know some people find it more convenient, but as you say, it does seem a rip off.

When we had a railway system I caught the train from Polegate for evening matches which was free as within the travel zone. Last season because it was at times impossible to get home after an evening game the same day the three of us used Seagulls Travel from Polegate, costing £11 a game each. Just because you live within the travel zone its not always possible to use the free transport.

Thankfully with promotion we will only get a small number of midweek night games so I will be better off.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Had already decided not to renew mine and glad I'm not having seen this. Less games and less Sky coverage means less non weekend games so I will use SASTA for free and book game by game on the coach if/when I need it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm glad you have the health to be able to do so, come back when your only chance of getting to the AMEX is by using Seagull Travel and find you're being ripped off for doing so

I don't have the health. It's all about timing. Thanks for your concern.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Jesus. From "disgrace" we've now escalated to full-on "abusing a monopoly".

For £11 a year. Where most have a choice.

Try comparing this with rail fares over the years (for example).

Just proves we don't have a lot to moan about at the moment.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
This season my ticket was £135.00 for 23 home games. Next season it is now £146.00 for 19 games. This works out at 30% rise so how can this be justified?
I would imagine that if we go down the following season it would again be increased as we would have more matches. Views please.

It's £11. 92p a month. 21p a week.

Get over it!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I would have expected the prices to have held considering he reduced amount of games.

Which would have still been a bit much considering they have 4 days less wages and expenses etc , seeing as they hire in all their buses and drivers it's not like they have any overheads that will go up and as most of the buses come out of a museum anyway they don't invest in comfort for anyone

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
gxuM60O.gif

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Which would have still been a bit much considering they have 4 days less wages and expenses etc , seeing as they hire in all their buses and drivers it's not like they have any overheads that will go up and as most of the buses come out of a museum anyway they don't invest in comfort for anyone

Bus we had for Norwich wasn't a museum piece. Didn't check but maybe a couple of years old.

'They hire in all their buses and drivers it's not like they have any overheads that will go up......' - eh ? Maybe the coach owners have increased their prices.......?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
It's business I bet fuel cost and insurance and wages and all the boring stuff public don't want to talk about have all gone up . Have this discussion with my customers often as a private hire driver . I don't like it either but insurance companies don't care about me either .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here