Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

worth a read if you planning on going on the pitch on saturday

That's a far better wording than the previous request to stay off the pitch was. No threats, doesn't feel heavy handed, and an uplifting "Let the players have their moment" element.

Yes - I'll keep my 10-year-old off this time. Last week he was off so quick I lost him for about 20 minutes, in that time he'd already found 2 classmates on the pitch from other stands who had also escaped their sedentary dads

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I thought the poorly worded attempt to bully fans before the Wigan game got exactly what it deserved! It was ignored...and rightly so.

But the latest missive has been couched in far more reasonable terms and it is right that we, the fans, have had our moment. There is no need to go onto the pitch again. It is the players' day on Saturday; we've had our go.

Two pitch invasions is going to attract more FA attention, and possible sanctions. Is it worth it? I think not.

There was no bullying there, just necessary box ticking to try to avoid any potential sanctions. See post 9. What then happened after the game suggests the club knew full well there was going to be a pitch invasion anyway, and no-one seemed remotely cross about it!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Went on the pitch against Wigan, I definitely won't be on Saturday IF we win the title.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Totally agree, no pitch invasion needed.

Just hope the normal 85th evacuation doesn't happen. This team deserve a full house for their lap of honour.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Pretty sure - unless my memory deceives me - when we won League Two there was a pitch invasion. A bit of partying, and then everyone went back to their seats for a lap of honour/trophy presentation.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Utterly bizarre but totally true. The title is almost an afterthought. We've come THIS Far?

Agreed. Absolutely ridiculous that winning the league isn't important, but that's the way this league is now. Perhaps if there was some kind of award for winning the championship there would be more value attached to it - although £X000millions just for promotion, whether 1st or 6th, is hard to beat...

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
It's all very well you people that got on the pitch saying "we've had our fun" but what about those of us that couldn't get to the Wigan match?

Perhaps you could go into the concourse instead and re-enact the scenes when the Huddersfield result came in? :)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Dear Sir
On Monday 17th April, much to our disgust, 20000 fans ran on to the pitch following the final whistle against Wigan. We, as a respectable football club, tried our best to discourage anyone from running on. I draw your attention to pictures of our chairman standing in the press box trying to wave them off. Players took to karaoke in a similar effort to empty the ground. At around 7:15 Mr Hughton couldn't find his pen and returned to the press box thinking he may have dropped it. A few (thousand) fans saw him and again ran on to the pitch. He tried to usher them off. At this point the players thought their boss was in trouble and ran out from the players lounge to assist. Their shouting was misinterpretated as chanting.
To ensure a pitch invasion doesn't happen again at the final whistle against Bristol City we intend to arm our stewards with Blue & White streamers which we expect the crowd to supply. These streamers, when wrapped together, are very strong and stop anyone from entering the pitch.
Yours faithfully Mr Barber

OR

Dear FA
F**K OFF
Yours.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
IF we win the league Saturday people WILL run on the pitch, the announcer will then say after 5 or so minutes to leave the pitch to allow the players to come back out, fans will leave the pitch and the players will come back out.. We all stayed on the pitch at the Wigan game because there was no reason to leave the pitch..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here