Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hudds to hand 'arry a lifeline?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I haven't read through the entire thread, but I saw this on the front page. Yes, the HMRC investigation has thrown a spanner in the works from the point of view of resting players. Do we now try to ensure third in the hope of being awarded second, or rest some of our tired squad? Wagner's well documented double training sessions certainly helped for a large part of the season, but we have looked sluggish of late.

We are close to selling our 2000 allocation at Brum on Sat, despite the fact that the game may be academic. Mind you, many Town fans are keen for us to send Brum down. They sent us down circa 2001, the season when Palarse and two other teams won on the las tday, and we lost to go down. All we needed was a draw, or for one of the others not to win!

My brother hasn't missed a town game this season home and away and will be there at Birmingham. He thought after the derby game that town had run out of steam, but thought they were a different side at wolves!

LondonTown

Mar 13, 2017
My brother hasn't missed a town game this season home and away and will be there at Birmingham. He thought after the derby game that town had run out of steam, but thought they were a different side at wolves!
#
True, but we missed a hatful. Hopefully we still have some gas in the tank.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
In the two games against us they were complete and utter khazi at our place, and brilliant at theirs, so consistency was undoubtedly an issue. They had some proper schoolings as well this season (0-5 at Fulham, 0-4 at Bristol, 1-4 v Fulham again the other day).

Well exactly. I wasn't suggesting they are the best team in the league. The positions will answer that. Just saying I've not seen a better team performance than the one they put against us at their gaff. And that includes from Brighton. If they can re-find that form they'll walk the play offs IMO....but that is obviously a big if.

From what I've seen this season, I'd rate Fulham as a better side than Huddersfield. You can bet the Hudds fans will be cacking it if they get them in the Playoffs.

Totally agree. But for a dreadful start (forgetting Newcastle on the opening day obviously) they would have probably been our main challengers. Fulham have 58 points from their last 30 games we have 64. Last 20 they have 40 we have 38. Last 15 they have 33 we have 31. Last 10 we have 21 they have 20. Last 5 we both have 12.

That said whilst looking at the last 5 Wednesday are 5 from 5. They are away to Ipswich on Saturday and home to Fulham the following week. So maybe they are the team to look out for?

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Magnificent, it was LEEDS.

Can you imagine if CH had done the same against Palace? Instant sainthood in my eyes.

Well exactly. A last minute winner from the fan's favourite in the last minute against your arch rivals. And despite what Leeds might say, he in no way antagonised Monk, it was Monk that barged in to him and made it into an issue. And then came out with that shite about "humility, respect and class"...But, that's all been covered to death and neither party is going to agree.

Any comment Wagner made about you not finishing seasons strongly in the past hardly makes him "tosspot". We were trying to chase you down at the time, of course he's going to try and get the fans excited. How touchy are you lot, jesus. You've just been promtoed, 'kin enjoy it.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Not sure you surrendered it.

I think us winning 5 on the spin since the international break had more to do with it.

I was talking about us catching Newcastle, not you, which was looking on the cards until Hoggy broke his neck* at Bristol and we capitulated.

*turns out the break was an old break from when he was younger which he'd just never noticed...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Our little squad has shown the signs of creaking over the past few weeks, hence surrendering 2nd spot.

If you'd beaten Forest, Burton, Fulham *and* Derby this month. You'd be 2nd, 4 points clear of Newcastle with 2 games to go. We'd still be top on goal difference. We'd both need a win on Saturday to go up to ruin it for Rafa

LondonTown

Mar 13, 2017
If you'd beaten Forest, Burton, Fulham *and* Derby this month. You'd be 2nd, 4 points clear of Newcastle with 2 games to go. We'd still be top on goal difference. We'd both need a win on Saturday to go up to ruin it for Rafa
If! I and F are the middle tow letters in LIFE, as they say.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just mentioned on SSN, Huddersfield have made 10 changes to their starting line up today. Thought there were rules about this sort of thing?

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
BBC website have posted a tweet from someone stating the same thing: "Huddersfield refusing to compete against BFC contravenes EFL rules and probably sends Blackburn down today." The BBC then add: "In case you've not heard, Huddersfield have made 10 changes to their starting XI at Blackburn's relegation rivals Birmingham this afternoon."

What would be the punishment (if indeed this is against the rules)?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BBC website have posted a tweet from someone stating the same thing: "Huddersfield refusing to compete against BFC contravenes EFL rules and probably sends Blackburn down today." The BBC then add: "In case you've not heard, Huddersfield have made 10 changes to their starting XI at Blackburn's relegation rivals Birmingham this afternoon."

What would be the punishment (if indeed this is against the rules)?

Its a silly rule, you should be able to put out what ever team you like, Blackburn going down is not down to Huddersfield making 10 changes

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Just mentioned on SSN, Huddersfield have made 10 changes to their starting line up today. Thought there were rules about this sort of thing?

Huddersfield now in trouble with the league who have now charged them!! Probably mean a small fine then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here