Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hudds to hand 'arry a lifeline?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You're wrong, I wouldn't. Don't assume to judge me by your own moral and ethical "the ends justify the means" standards.

Last year we suffered because Wednesday rested players before our play-off games against them and I thought that was wrong. Not only would I have your level of integrity but I'd also be a hypocrite if I accepted situations where it benefitted us but condoned those where it didn't.

The rules need changing.

It is just fake outrage because people don't like the Huddersfield manager after he made some comments in the paper about Brighton

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not really - you're just cherry picking a single unexpected bad result to suit your argument. Chelsea lost at home to Palace a couple of weeks ago, so bad results happen, who knew? It doesn't validate your argument.

If WBA did play the stiffs at the expense of league integrity, they should have been punished too. It doesn't make what Huddersfield have done any less wrong.

This league lost any integrity it had a long time ago.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
More than anything, it's just monumentally embarrassing for Hudds. Being fined and bringing the integrity of the game into disrepute all because they're so SCARED of a team below them in the league. Really starting to dislike Wagner as well.

That is exactly what it boils down to, they're scared of Fulham. Which as you say is embarassing. Not putting Fulham down, but if you want promotion you shouldn't fear anyone. Perhaps Wagner was right when he said that one team usually bottles it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This league lost any integrity it had a long time ago.
You appear to have abandoned your position on the matter in favour of a meaningless, debatable soundbite.

And the fact that we are even debating Huddersfield's actions suggests you're completely wrong.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Plus of course you've been exposed as lacking any integrity so this rubbish is all you've got left. Or maybe I should point to fans of other several clubs who are complaining about it on that 7 page thread on DATM? Is that all "fake outrage" too?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You appear to have abandoned your position on the matter in favour of a meaningless, debatable soundbite.

And the fact that we are even debating Huddersfield's actions suggests you're completely wrong.

Not at all, we won't agree and I have better things to do.

And the leagues actions over Leeds/QPR/Forest/Blackburn in recent seasons alone shows it has.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not at all, we won't agree and I have better things to do.

And the leagues actions over Leeds/QPR/Forest/Blackburn in recent seasons alone shows it has.
You have so many better things to do that you joined in on this thread about an hour before I did?

We are not talking about feeble "fit and proper" tests, we are talking about the teams being put out onto the pitch. Huddersfield lacked integrity by playing a massively inferior side making ten changes. That is completely unfair on the other teams at the bottom - it really is that simple.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

No we didn't like Wagner before, but actually thought well of Huddersfield. The result at the weekend had no bearing on us, but we don't like it because it's shifty. On top of that the response from individuals like yourself trying to justify it, especially on opposition fans forums is embarrassing. Unfortunately for Huddersfield fans who feel a bit uneasy about it, people like you who share Wagner's position are making the club look bad to the rest of the country.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You have so many better things to do that you joined in on this thread about an hour before I did?

We are not talking about feeble "fit and proper" tests, we are talking about the teams being put out onto the pitch. Huddersfield lacked integrity by playing a massively inferior side making ten changes. That is completely unfair on the other teams at the bottom - it really is that simple.

Huddersfield will look after Huddersfields interests, it really is that simple

And as you mentioned DATM I had a look and saw this -

Starters per htafc
Coleman 8
Smith 43 normal captain and best in league?
Hudson 26 team captain
Cranie 19
Holmes 13
Whitehead 19
Billing 28
Payne 27
Quanner 18 only joined in January often 1st choice

sub
Wells 43
Mooy 47 Team of the season

Not really a team of 12 year old's it was made out to be -

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Starters per htafc
Coleman 8
Hudson 26 team captain
Cranie 19
Holmes 13
Whitehead 19
Billing 28
Payne 27

sub
Wells 43

They fielded a team of NINE players?! Or is someone skewing the stats to hide something?

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
They fielded a team of NINE players?! Or is someone skewing the stats to hide something?

That's missing TDH (really good up and coming left back) and Bunn (recently come back from injury). Wells came on at half time too.

So that's about 240 starts this season in the team... c. half a season. This "weakened team" got us into the playoffs.

EDIT: Missed THD, the other one was Lolley, who's played 22 times for us this season

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Starters per htafc
Coleman 8
Hudson 26 team captain
Cranie 19
Holmes 13
Whitehead 19
Billing 28
Payne 27

sub
Wells 43

Just out of interest, to analyse those stats a little, I checked the first one: 'Coleman 8'

Well, turns out that Coleman has actually featured three times in the league prior to Saturday, and NEVER when the first choice keeper (Ward) was actually available (came on once at half time as a sub, when Ward went off injured, and started twice when Ward was out).

Bullshit stats.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Just out of interest, to analyse those stats a little, I checked the first one: 'Coleman 8'

Well, turns out that Coleman has actually featured three times in the league prior to Saturday, and NEVER when the first choice keeper (Ward) was actually available (came on once at half time as a sub, when Ward went off injured, and started twice when Ward was out).

Bullshit stats.

My knowledge of Hudderfield Town players is minimal....

Is that true of all back up keepers?

If they really wanted to throw the game Wells and Mooy would have stayed on the bench.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why would the KEEPER be rested(?!), other than to throw the game? Was he injured?

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017

Bullshit stats.

Coleman is actually better than Ward, the only reason he's been kept out of the side is because on the terms of the loan with Liverpool and guaranteed #plays.

Cracking save for a penalty and played really well. As he did against City in both games.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Coleman is actually better than Ward, the only reason he's been kept out of the side is because on the terms of the loan with Liverpool and guaranteed #plays.

Cracking save for a penalty and played really well. As he did against City in both games.

Comical Ali.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here