Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hudds to hand 'arry a lifeline?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Suggest you put your view on one of their forums if you truly believe that, e.g. smallheathalliance.com.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Birmingham's manager change mid season has to be the worst decision of all time by a club. It has virtually been catastrophic and will be if they are relegated which is very much a reality. The board deserve a couple of seasons in league one to reflect on their own undoing.

This is the most bizarre comment I have ever seen on this site. It's like saying that Albion deserved what happened to them because of decisions the board made eg re selling the Goldstone. They have suffered from corrupt ownership ever since they were sold off by Gold/Sullivan to purchase West Ham and the current board (like the last one) is extremely unpopular already, e.g. the decision to sack Rowett within days of taking over.

I am really surprised at such arrogance and ignorance, especially given Albion's recent history. Remember that there are fans who suffer when these things happen, possibly you could show some empathy towards them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Huddersfield head coach David Wagner: "You cannot imagine how big this achievement is. The journey marches on into the play-offs.
"We will now make the right decisions in the next two games to keep everybody fresh for the play-offs"

A bit like when MASSIVE rested players ahead of playing us in the Play Off semis then.
Sounds like three points for Birmingham on Saturday.
#integrity

It might one thing to do this but I'm not sure I'd be quite so open in saying it. I'll bet Blackburn will be thrilled!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This is the most bizarre comment I have ever seen on this site. It's like saying that Albion deserved what happened to them because of decisions the board made eg re selling the Goldstone. They have suffered from corrupt ownership ever since they were sold off by Gold/Sullivan to purchase West Ham and the current board (like the last one) is extremely unpopular already, e.g. the decision to sack Rowett within days of taking over.

I am really surprised at such arrogance and ignorance, especially given Albion's recent history. Remember that there are fans who suffer when these things happen, possibly you could show some empathy towards them.

You've not been watching long have you

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm sorry, what? What are you basing that on? That's a ridiculous comment.

Peddling the ridiculous myth that Brighton have bottled it during the last few seasons, his utter bellendery when celebrating the winner against Leeds, his claim that Huddersfield have been the most consistent team all season. I could go on and on and on.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm sorry, what? What are you basing that on? That's a ridiculous comment.

Nah he is a complete dick. If you have a manager that acts the way he does on the touch line then he's only going to be liked by one set of fans and those are from the team he manages.

Clearly a good manager though. You've been by far and away the best side I've seen this season. You'll know better than me but I'm guess consistency has let you down?

As an aside to the original point of this thread. Hudds put out a "weak" side against Cithe in the cup and should have beaten them from the highlights I saw.

Then a point on the tangent this thread went off on....keep the play offs as they are. I think they are cracking!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The Ryman league have a much fairer and quicker arrangement for play offs IMO .

Agreed. It is pretty much what Paul Barber suggested last summer about third place going straight to the final.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Clearly a good manager though. You've been by far and away the best side I've seen this season. You'll know better than me but I'm guess consistency has let you down?

In the two games against us they were complete and utter khazi at our place, and brilliant at theirs, so consistency was undoubtedly an issue. They had some proper schoolings as well this season (0-5 at Fulham, 0-4 at Bristol, 1-4 v Fulham again the other day).

From what I've seen this season, I'd rate Fulham as a better side than Huddersfield. You can bet the Hudds fans will be cacking it if they get them in the Playoffs.

LondonTown

Mar 13, 2017
If the HMRC Newcastle ?West Ham investigation goes deeper , they may be playing for second spot . so can they afford not to win !#
I haven't read through the entire thread, but I saw this on the front page. Yes, the HMRC investigation has thrown a spanner in the works from the point of view of resting players. Do we now try to ensure third in the hope of being awarded second, or rest some of our tired squad? Wagner's well documented double training sessions certainly helped for a large part of the season, but we have looked sluggish of late.

We are close to selling our 2000 allocation at Brum on Sat, despite the fact that the game may be academic. Mind you, many Town fans are keen for us to send Brum down. They sent us down circa 2001, the season when Palarse and two other teams won on the las tday, and we lost to go down. All we needed was a draw, or for one of the others not to win!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here