Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sense of de ja vu

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Is it just me or does anyone else have a feeling of de ja vu going into the final 2 games. This time last year we knew if we beat Derby then a draw in our final game would be enough. However a draw would leave us needing a win to achieve our goal.

Wind forward 12 months and we know failing to beat Bristol City could leave us in the same position of needing that win.

The upside though is feck it we are already promoted, but in Kevin Keegan mode it would be lovely to beat 'em.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Beating Bristol City will not be as easy as many seem to imagine . As we know anything can happen in a match .

el punal

No comparison. Last year we were always playing catch up, regardless of the tremendous form we were in at the back end of the season. Knowing that our rivals had to slip up (and didn't), and with our inferior goal difference, we failed - gloriously.

This time around the pressure is not so great. We've achieved the main objective - promotion. Everything else is a bonus. So I believe that despite losing at Norwich, which was a blip down to promotion celebration hangover, the team will be focused for the Bristol City game. Pride will also have a bearing on the outcome - 4 points clear at the top with 2 games to go - the team will not want to relinquish being number one.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No comparison. Last year we were always playing catch up, regardless of the tremendous form we were in at the back end of the season. Knowing that our rivals had to slip up (and didn't), and with our inferior goal difference, we failed - gloriously.

This time around the pressure is not so great. We've achieved the main objective - promotion. Everything else is a bonus. So I believe that despite losing at Norwich, which was a blip down to promotion celebration hangover, the team will be focused for the Bristol City game. Pride will also have a bearing on the outcome - 4 points clear at the top with 2 games to go - the team will not want to relinquish being number one.

Spot on...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Agree with all the above, but it does still have that feeling of foreboding about it, that it could all come down to a final game win or come second!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agree with all the above, but it does still have that feeling of foreboding about it, that it could all come down to a final game win or come second!

I think your fears can be summed up easily, you're a long time Albion fan? Expecting a feck up is in your psyche.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We will beat Bristol City

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

I've been talking about it at work and with friends and saying that we should be safe in terms of coming away as Champions.

But adding the caveat that "If anybody can mess it up, Brighton can."

But the main object of the season is already achieved. Maybe we will see a relaxed Albion team on Saturday..... but not too relaxed.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Bit of luck the toon players are still out on the lash

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

All of this. The 'worst case scenario' from here on in is a bit different to last season.

We will beat Bristol City

I agree. We will beat them, and receive the trophy in front of our home fans. It makes perfect sense. This is no time for bed wetting. We have done the hard work. It doesn't matter if we win the league. Automatic promotion was our main goal, and we did that with ease. Lets friggin enjoy this!!

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
All of this. The 'worst case scenario' from here on in is a bit different to last season.

Absolutely. To put it into context I dreamed last night that we lost 5-2 to Huddersfield in the first leg of the play offs. It took me a few minutes after I woke up to remember we are already promoted :)

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I certainly got the sense of de ja vu today. Reminded of Derby at home last season. Could have made life easier on ourselves but no... :facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't say I am at all surprised, that piss poor performance was always on the cards.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here