Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boxsets

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you're into historic violence I just watched and thoroughly enjoyed The Last Kingdom.

Unless you've watched the excellent Vikings which knocks The Last Kingdom, a market stall rip-off of Vikings, into a cocked hat. I enjoyed TLK until it basically started re-filming Vikings scene for scene. I honestly don't know how they got away with it.

My recommendations?

Hinterland
Shetland

Both British crime thrillers, both excellent. Both on iplayer I believe.

And Black Sails. Piratey, high seas brilliance.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Just finished 13 reasons why. A real american high school thing but I thought it was great. Other series I have loved:

Breaking bad
Better call Saul
Mad Men
Narcos
Entourage

Controversial I know but the one I cannot get into (I have tried a few times) is Game of Thrones.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Yep great documentary If you haven't seen them have a look at The staircase and The West Memphis three

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Checkout the us obscure series thread. Loads, so many, impossible to watch them all...

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Got my wife "the affair" not expecting to enjoy it but it has proved to be very good so far. If you are in to a more macho series try Sons of anarchy which I loved. I also enjoyed lots of the other series mentioned on here.

Other half got this. Up to episode 3 and not sure I'm going to last till the end. Does it improve? Not much seems to have happened.

Other half got this. Up to episode 3 and not sure I'm going to last till the end. Does it improve? Not much seems to have happened.

Assuming you are referring to the affair I would stick with it. There are a lot of these series that take time to establish the characters and the plot. Equally it may just not be your cup of tea.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Unless you've watched the excellent Vikings which knocks The Last Kingdom, a market stall rip-off of Vikings, into a cocked hat. I enjoyed TLK until it basically started re-filming Vikings scene for scene. I honestly don't know how they got away with it.

My recommendations?

Hinterland
Shetland

Both British crime thrillers, both excellent. Both on iplayer I believe.

And Black Sails. Piratey, high seas brilliance.

I actually thought TLK was as good as Vikings which I think completely lost the plot when it went all trippy in the third season. Havent watched the last one yet.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
People Just do nothing > 3 series
2 on Netflix and 3rd in on the Beeb - it's a really funny mockumentary set in London around a pirate radio station, give it a chance it's brilliant!!!!
and if you get a chance to see them live you should Kurupt FM staying in character doing their thing @ a festival near you

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
Just finished the 3rd and final season of The Leftovers its was crazy and entertaining and in the same vain as 'Lost' but not as drawn out.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Loved Grimm on Netflix and just started Orphan Black which I think is simply outstanding, fast paced with lots of shocks and surprises. The lead gives an amazing performance as a multiple of characters which interact and are all believable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here