Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the person sitting next to you at the Amex

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
My best mate Hugo to my left, and a Rangers supporting Scotsman called Dixie to the right. All long term Albion fans. (Dixie does leave early sometimes though).

I don't blame Dixie for leaving early sometimes, its a long way back to Glasgow!

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To my left I have one of the authors of Build a Bonfire and to the right a long standing friend and lifelong Albion fan.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Left before the end last game, as did the two next to him. So obviously imposters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Now a shining example of the benefits of Care in the Community. :thumbsup:

Who do you sit next to a the Ark of Parks Mr Barrowboy?

On the odd occasion I have sat in the home end I have sat next to a QPR fan, a Korean tourist and a Latvian businessman.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
All albion in my section, other than 2 kids a couple of rows in front who in our first Amex season seemed indifferent and supporters of one PL club or the other. At one point in 2014/2015 one of them was cheering goals scored against us for a laugh :shrug:

Since 2015 both have coincidentally embraced the albion and nowadays come to games in full attire. Kids:rolleyes:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
To my immediate left I have my 14 year old son. By the time I was his age, I had seen 6 games - he has already knocked up 180.
To his left is my boss!

In front of me we have an on-running joke.

It's a chap (a STH as I asked the club) who is about 50, and he never mutters a word. Never celebrates. Never budges for all of the 60 mins he's actually there. And when I say 60 mins, it's because he usually arrives at 15 mins in, and leaves around 75 mins. Though on the one or two matches where he has stayed to the end, he can be found not watching the game, but watching Sky Go / Sky Sports News.
On occasion he has a couple of young children with him. DIFFERENT children on each occasion of varying colours and creeds. Maybe he is a Foster carer, but the kids don't get to see a full match ever.
He has attended about half the games this season I think, and even less last year.

And then........

...when Solly March scored against Wigan, he produced the world's smallest fist pump to celebrate (I think)
I think he might (MIGHT) be a bit of an oddball.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Most of the people around me are long term season ticket holders. If they're imposters they are obviously doing their deep cover very convincingly.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Who do you sit next to a the Ark of Parks Mr Barrowboy?
Between my son and a longterm Palace STH.

On the odd occasion I have sat in the home end I have sat next to a QPR fan, a Korean tourist and a Latvian businessman.

That's the price of being a London team in the Prem. :(

There was a nearby Arsenal fan for the recent game against them. When our first went in, I advised him to celebrate "for his own safety". He cheered all 3, rather nervously.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Next to my son and a longterm Palace STH.

That's the price of being a London team in the Prem. :(

There was a nearby Arsenal fan for the recent game against them. When our first went in, I advised him to celebrate "for his own safety". He cheered all 3, rather nervously.

How on earth do your cheer 'rather nervously'?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My four games this season have been in the 1901 and have sat next a very good mate who has been over 40 years a solid albion fan! Not sure of the bloke next to him,a bit suspect only been to 4 games this season???

There's another possible explanation if the four games you've seen him attend were the only four you've attended...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here