Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Forum with Paul Hayward and Andy Naylor

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
footballposter_001copy.jpg

If you can't get to the REMF game on Friday May 5, come and question four top football writers including Paul Hayward of the Telegraph and Andy Naylor of your very own Evening Argus on the burning football topics of the day. Albion, Wenger, Mourinho, Chelsea, Albion - you decide. I'll be in the Dimbleby role.

This is all in aid of the community-owned Exeter Street Hall. There's a bar and there'll also be a raffle - one of the prizes will be the chance to attend a CH press conference at the training ground next season with either me or the real Andy Naylor. Or both.

The regrettable clash with REMF is thanks (inevitably) to Sky switching the date of the Norwich game. Mortifying, but there you go.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Well, it 'says' leading sports journalists but without HB and B on the platform - won't it feel a little hollow?

D

Deleted User X18H

Yes sadly I am rather busy that evening.

However as I live very near if I was available I'd pop along. And I'd encourage others to go along. A great local cause. And it's always interesting to hear the insightful views of the advertised speakers.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
There was a bit of a scare when Sky moved Tottenham's game against West Ham to the same night and we thought Paul H might have to be there (a fear which recedes with every Chelsea victory) but I had a mental list of possible stand-ins. How long that list is, and where anyone stands on it, remains my secret.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, it 'says' leading sports journalists but without HB and B on the platform - won't it feel a little hollow?

Yes sadly I am rather busy that evening.

There was a bit of a scare when Sky moved Tottenham's game against West Ham to the same night and we thought Paul H might have to be there (a fear which recedes with every Chelsea victory) but I had a mental list of possible stand-ins. How long that list is, and where anyone stands on it, remains my secret.

*inserts Jim Carrey 'So you're saying there's a chance' gif*

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Please can you try and record this for those of us that not able to attend, through prior engagements or those that are internationally based?

Would be much appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
bit of a shame that clashes with the REMF night

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
bit of a shame that clashes with the REMF night

As I say, blame Sky. We originally had April 23 and 28 as possible dates, but Sky moved the Norwich game and Paul is unavailable on the 28th. This isn't, obviously, an exclusively Albion-related event, but we definitely regret the clash.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Shame, both the first Exeter St Hall one and the one with Albion Roar last year were absolutely excellent, but I will be at the REMF game. I shall content myself with the fact that I probably know some of your opinions having done the last two. I'd also echo the call for anyone not REMFing to attend. Exeter St Hall is where my dad had his reception for his second marriage when he lived round the corner in Port Hall Place and has always been an excellent community space.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
When the gig was first arranged I was expecting the first question to be 'Will the Albion go up?' Now it'll be whether they'll stay up, how much they'll spend, how long CH will be given if we lose the first 6 games ... Happy days!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here