Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Contract durations of Albion players: first team and development squad

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would say to Ince "Thank you very much and in order to get regular football we are prepared to accept a fee of £25k to let you get fixed up with another club " Then add a 30% sell on clause.just in case he should improve.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think it's fairly well-known this season who, from the first team squad, is out of contract in the summer: all 3 of the established 'keepers, ........

I'm sure the Argus reported yesterday that Walton was the only one of the keepers with a contract for next season?

Yoda

English & European
Can see Bong being offered another deal, even if it is only as back up to a new Left Back, Sidwell the same (especially if Dale Stephens doesn't sign a new deal) for his experience. COG will be released along with Ankergren (playing side at least, may retire and stay on coaching the youngsters). From what I've seen of Mäenpää he is a solid deputy to Stockers but will both be kept or will at least one new 'keeper be brought in?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's probably safe to assume he is on a better wage than would be offered should a lower league club be interested
But it could be considerably more than he might be on from July 1st. next year! And if he spends the next 12 months just collecting his wages and maybe occasionally turning out for the U23s his value (and his future earnings potential) is going to go down.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
But it could be considerably more than he might be on from July 1st. next year! And if he spends the next 12 months just collecting his wages and maybe occasionally turning out for the U23s his value (and his future earnings potential) is going to go down.
Fair point but another loan is surely most likely and I suspect he will get a decent contract somewhere in a years time

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think it's fairly well-known this season who, from the first team squad, is out of contract in the summer: all 3 of the established 'keepers, Gaetan Bong, Vegard Forren, Dale Stephens, Steve Sidwell and, least we forget (and it would be very easy to forget) Chris O'Grady.

The development squad lads are harder to keep track of (not least because the club now has a policy of not releasing the details of contract length when youngsters step up into the professional ranks). Once again this season I have put it all together so there is a single source of info for anyone who is interested in this sort of thing.

The page can be found at Brighton & Hove Albion squad contract durations - 2016-17

We already know that of the DS lads, Tom Cadman and Connor Tighe will not be offered new contracts by the club.

Note: If you have definitive info on any of the "?" then feel free to PM me.

I've seen you've indicated that Connolly is a first-year scholar. What does that mean, for the uninitiated? Is this the same with Jayson (sp -- I know what you're like) Molumby, who I couldn't locate on your list. In terms of DS, I'm hoping that Tilley gets a new contract.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
25k is nothing when we are dealing in millions now . I would sooner make him available on a free that way you get shot of him.

It still hurts though to throw £1.5 ? Million down the drain....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair point but another loan is surely most likely and I suspect he will get a decent contract somewhere in a years time
No problem with that. A loan would be fine, I reckon, for both sides - but it's all down to the negotiations. There may not be a loan deal available. If there isn't, Ince (and his agent) will have some serious thinking to do. A three year contract somewhere else, on a lower wage, or a year stagnating with the Albion (albeit on a higher weekly wage, for one year) while his earnings potential drops?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here