Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Contract durations of Albion players: first team and development squad

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think it's fairly well-known this season who, from the first team squad, is out of contract in the summer: all 3 of the established 'keepers, Gaetan Bong, Vegard Forren, Dale Stephens, Steve Sidwell and, least we forget (and it would be very easy to forget) Chris O'Grady.

The development squad lads are harder to keep track of (not least because the club now has a policy of not releasing the details of contract length when youngsters step up into the professional ranks). Once again this season I have put it all together so there is a single source of info for anyone who is interested in this sort of thing.

The page can be found at Brighton & Hove Albion squad contract durations - 2016-17

We already know that of the DS lads, Tom Cadman and Connor Tighe will not be offered new contracts by the club.

Note: If you have definitive info on any of the "?" then feel free to PM me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The worry is that both Rohan Ince and Elvis Manu have a year left on their contracts so could we just put them on the transfer list ona free and hope that somebody wants to sign them.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
The worry is that both Rohan Ince and Elvis Manu have a year left on their contracts so could we just put them on the transfer list ona free and hope that somebody wants to sign them.

Plenty of League one clubs would take Ince for a few hundred thousand, maybe even lower end champ sides. Worst case scenario for Manu loan to a Dutch club if no takers.

Oct 25, 2003

I think a dutch club would give us money for Manu- not much and certainly nowhere near what we paid for him but I reckon we could get something. As for Ince I reckon several league 1 clubs would snap him up- we could get a sweet £25-50k for him

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think a dutch club would give us money for Manu- not much and certainly nowhere near what we paid for him but I reckon we could get something. As for Ince I reckon several league 1 clubs would snap him up- we could get a sweet £25-50k for him

25k is nothing when we are dealing in millions now . I would sooner make him available on a free that way you get shot of him.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Ince was outstanding for Garcia,in a different system,that we have played this season......Remember the Arsenal cup tie....I thought he was outstanding that day.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

I reckon we'd get more than that. He's previously done well at Championship level, albeit in a poor side. He's also young, which adds value. I'd be very surprised if he only cost somebody a five figure fee. He's the sort of player you put a decent sell-on clause in his transfer fee too.

Ince gets such a pasting on here, loved watching him lose the ball then work harder than anyone to win it back.

I hope The Green Mile makes it somewhere, hard work like that should be rewarded.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Supadupahands

Mar 10, 2016
Worth it to help spread the word to other players about the club and convince them to come (as if anyone will need convincing).

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The problem with off loading players is probably not the fee but more than likely the wage. Why would a player want to move on for less in his pay packet unless there were other incentives to do so

Exactly right. I can't see Ince moving on as I don't see him being offered the same money as he's on now elsewhere.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Anyone know the contract status of Aaron Connolly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here