Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

THE Leeds United, season ticket refund offer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't remember all the exact details, but (before selling a chunk of the club) Cellino made a very generous promise to the Leeds fans, that anyone who renewed their season tickets by a cut-off date would receive half (?) of their money back, if the side finished outside the top six.

No pressure then.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't remember all the exact details, but (before selling a chunk of the club) Cellino made a very generous promise to the Leeds fans, that anyone who renewed their season tickets by a cut-off date would receive half (?) of their money back, if the side finished outside the top six.

No pressure then.
Would be funny if such a refund made them fail FFP.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

No pressure then.
http://the72.co.uk/79650/leeds-united-extend-25-season-ticket-refund-says-journalist/

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....unce-freeze-on-season-ticket-prices-1-8495869

That initiative, which is not being repeated during the 2017-18 campaign, left Leeds facing a possible seven-figure pay-out
:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Leeds are four games away from qualifying for the Championship play-offs and have a strong chance of returning to the top flight for the first time in 13 years next month.

Who writes this bobbins

:lolol:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
£400 per season ticket, 14,500 sold, £100 coming back.

£1,450,000 to pay out I reckon.

I'm sure Cellino will winkle out of it.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
The paragraph:

'Sales for the current season reached 14,500, the highest figure recorded since United’s relegation from the Premier League in 2004, and helped to deliver a marked increase in attendances at Elland Road.'

is quite eye opening. I always thought Leeds were one of highly supported outfits outside the premier league...guess not!

theroyal

May 11, 2014
The paragraph:

'Sales for the current season reached 14,500, the highest figure recorded since United’s relegation from the Premier League in 2004, and helped to deliver a marked increase in attendances at Elland Road.'

is quite eye opening. I always thought Leeds were one of highly supported outfits outside the premier league...guess not!

The Leeds fans are constantly berating Reading fans on Twitter about attendances, but as a percentage of stadium full, our attendances are actually higher than theirs :lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The paragraph:

More interesting that the bigger refund was only due if they sold 15,000, which they failed to do. I'd have thought a club of Leeds' size would have shifted more than that in a normal season, let alone one with some promise. Good news for Cellino is that he only has to pay back 25% instead of the 50% thanks to that.

They still might make the play offs, surely Fulham & the Massive playing each other on the final day could help with that?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The Leeds fans are constantly berating Reading fans on Twitter about attendances, but as a percentage of stadium full, our attendances are actually higher than theirs :lolol:
Yeah we pissed all over Leeds too at Withdean.

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here