Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How big can we become?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Let's win a PL game first :shrug:

Yes! This does have the whiff of a thread that will get bounced in a years time, when we are worrying about getting past Derby and their record of fewest Premier League points (11 - and just 22 goals).

Let's set ourselves one target at a time.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Mid Table mediocrity with the odd flirt of Europe, I think thats all bar the Top 7 can ever really aspire too, you get the off freaky season like last year but that has to be the aim

I would be happy with mid table mediocrity as Fulham maintained a similar position for many years, and I see no reason why we couldn't do the same.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
As big as Southampton or as big as Charlton,its a funny old game???

If we were to get as big as Charlton were, I would hope that we can learn from them and not spout nonsense like "we need to get rid of [insert managers name who has maintained a phenomenally high placing year after year] so that we can go to the next level."

Sadly, we will not learn, football fans rarely do, and problems like "hitting 40 points by January and taking the foot off the gas" will have this place ablaze with fury.

Oh how Addicks must wish they could turn back time and be satisfied with Curbishley.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
First few seasons consolidate in the prem.

Next few years top half of the table 10th - 6th

However in a decade or more i don't see any reason why Brighton can't be one of the biggest clubs in the country. Massive catchment area, in the rich South East, New ground, great youth setup.

The longer we stay in the prem, maybe through in a cup win this club could definitely be as big as a Chelsea after 10-20 years.

I genuinely think Brighton tick every box to be a regular top 6 prem team.

Think big. The last 20 years of history to where Brighton are now is fairy tale story however a team like Brighton should never have been in those lower leagues. It was all down to other factors away from football.

The past is romantic the future will be big IMO

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

However in a decade or more i don't see any reason why Brighton can't be one of the biggest clubs in the country. Massive catchment area, in the rich South East, New ground, great youth setup.

The longer we stay in the prem, maybe through in a cup win this club could definitely be as big as a Chelsea after 10-20 years.

Think big. The last 20 years of history to where Brighton are now is fairy tale story however a team like Brighton should never have been in those lower leagues. It was all down to other factors away from football.

In many ways thats Southampton. But they don't have the name and international recognition so they can't keep their players.

Imagine what they could do if they had been allowed to keep Pochettino, Bale, Walcott, Shaw, Clyne, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Lovren, Oxlade-Chamberlain and so on .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Massive catchment area – half of it is the sea! :lolol:

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
I would expect Bloom has a few plans, one of them entitled 'winning the prem'.

I suspect that he'd want to make a good go at doing it in a 7-8 year time frame. A lot will depend on how good CH is, and a fair dose of luck too.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
It will be interesting to see, when whoever it is that publishes it, where we are on the top European clubs wealth list next season. We might then begin to get an idea of where we can go.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I think that's getting a little carried away chap. Chelsea have been financially doped up to the eyeballs to get where they are. They are Champions League regulars (including a couple of Finals as well as winning the thing), and they're moving into a 60k stadium soon. They have a list of honours we can only dream of, and are bankrolled by a man who literally has a bottomless pit of cash. Chelsea have always been bigger than us, and always will be, even if we stay in the PL for the next 10-20 years. It makes us sound silly saying we could be as big as them one day.

Stoke - yes
West Brom - yes
Southampton - yes
Chelsea - behave.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Only bigger than Bournemouth, Watford at the moment....Burnley, current Champions, Saints, WBA, bit more to do IMHO. Others we won't ever get near them. ( well not for any period of time)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Or is the OP a WUM, mags are NUFC, first post August 2016 ? , and has made no further addition to his/her thread as far as I can see ??

Perhaps awaits flaming !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Big enough to own 4 strikers, or am I getting carried away?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Only bigger than Bournemouth, Watford at the moment....Burnley, current Champions, Saints, WBA, bit more to do IMHO. Others we won't ever get near them. ( well not for any period of time)

Some of those clubs could only dream of averaging 27k in the Championship

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So a return to the Championship with parachute payments is not going to cut it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here