Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official End of Season Montage - the best yet

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Ah that's a shame. Looks like my video has been removed as well like [MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION]s.

Sad we can't live in a world where fan made videos are allowed. Hey ho!

Out of interest.. did you get a reason for removal and was it done 'manually'. It'd be a shame if the requests weren't coming from the EFL at all but from elsewhere,

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The club 20 years on effort which opened the awards night , takes the story up to last Monday, has commentary/clips is a rather good effort and more of a fair comparison with the Vimeo/On Our Way vid. Also has at 2.46 has a great moment where a rather excited Hemed jumps on Glenn Murray post his QPR goal ("Murray finds a way, this season Brighton always find a way") and shouts "I LOVE YOU" into his ear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm5avTtlypQ

Just love this vid, think I've watched it about 15 times already. Hope they plat it in the pre-match on Sat

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ah that's a shame. Looks like my video has been removed as well like [MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION]s.

Sad we can't live in a world where fan made videos are allowed. Hey ho!

Out of interest.. did you get a reason for removal and was it done 'manually'. It'd be a shame if the requests weren't coming from the EFL at all but from elsewhere,

NSC's YouTube channel is now being removed by YT due to copyright infringements brought about by the EFL. :(

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Love the video but not a huge fan of the song this year. Something more epic would have been better.

I thought the music was a bad choice when it started, but once it really got going it's grown on me.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Last year, I made my own (pretty shit) montage, it had copyright strikes against it from the EFL, but all they did was say they wanted to take ad revenue from it if there was any.

I guess they're a bit more hands on this year???

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
NSC's YouTube channel is now being removed by YT due to copyright infringements brought about by the EFL. :(

Disappointing some sublime work, I'm sure the PL will be even worse with their material being used

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Last year, I made my own (pretty shit) montage, it had copyright strikes against it from the EFL, but all they did was say they wanted to take ad revenue from it if there was any.

I guess they're a bit more hands on this year???

That's what we've had before and it seems like a reasonable compromise. Over the last few days proper strikes have been coming in - three and you're out. The third arrived yesterday which finished the channel but they're still coming in so they're clearly going through some sort of sweep of older content.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
That's what we've had before and it seems like a reasonable compromise. Over the last few days proper strikes have been coming in - three and you're out. The third arrived yesterday which finished the channel but they're still coming in so they're clearly going through some sort of sweep of older content.

Are they all manual strikes? Mine was..

That's rather interesting. An automated find suggests some bot is running in the background picking things up. A manual strike, and my, Chaz and others having videos strikes out manually suggests a concentrated campaign - hugely disappointing when they could just be monetised.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex

I don't understand why it's such a big issue.
Most fans don't make these videos for money, they just do it for fun. Nor do they get enough views to get any ad revenue.
Most of the footage used is from the club's free YouTube channel. I could understand if it was from a premium subscription website.
I think some twats have tried to make money off these videos and now The EFL are being equally as twatty by getting rid of all of them.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
has at 2.46 has a great moment where a rather excited Hemed jumps on Glenn Murray post his QPR goal ("Murray finds a way, this season Brighton always find a way") and shouts "I LOVE YOU" into his ear.

That is the part of the video where I start to well up. I must have watched it 20 times since Monday evening.

ChazzyBHA

Dec 27, 2011
Such a shame that they have decided to start striking the videos. The fact that our channel (NSC) is being taken down is very disappointing, especially when you have put a lot of time and effort into building the channel up! I think the EFL are missing a trick here of what is virtually free advertising for their leagues.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
They showed all the celebrations here on national TV sports news, now when I mention Brighton a lot of people have heard of them.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Are they all manual strikes? Mine was..

That's rather interesting. An automated find suggests some bot is running in the background picking things up. A manual strike, and my, Chaz and others having videos strikes out manually suggests a concentrated campaign - hugely disappointing when they could just be monetised.

Agree that it's a shame but access to league footage is already 'monetised' by selling to TV companies who pay a lot for the privilege. The EFL wouldn't be able to strike much of a deal if it turned a blind eye to people using it for free. Taken to its extreme, they might even argue they're acting for the good of all clubs by protecting the value of TV rights. Annoying, as the montages have been very enjoyable - but in the PL, there'll be no chance of getting away with it, so a glimpse of what's to come really.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I wondered what had happened to a video of the Brighton fans and payers celebrating on the train (not the crowd surfing one). I quoted on here it had been viewed over 200k times a few days after it was posted. I wanted to watch it again but it has mysteriously disappeared.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqwpuMMlDGs

I know it's mentioned in the Awards...thread, but deserves a thread of its own.

The key to the editing is capturing emotional expression, mostly of the players, mostly facial, but also body language. Kind of Dirty to provide the song...and the best goalie in the League.

What is your favourite moment here? Two junior PGs are 'featured', but for me it's Uwe jumping with the fans after Wigan.

PG

It's not Kind of Dirty, it's The Killers, All These Things That I've Done, from the album Hot Fuzz. It was used in an Adidas or a Nike advert years ago.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Agree that it's a shame but access to league footage is already 'monetised' by selling to TV companies who pay a lot for the privilege. The EFL wouldn't be able to strike much of a deal if it turned a blind eye to people using it for free. Taken to its extreme, they might even argue they're acting for the good of all clubs by protecting the value of TV rights. Annoying, as the montages have been very enjoyable - but in the PL, there'll be no chance of getting away with it, so a glimpse of what's to come really.

Yep, I can completely understand that. Which is why I've kept a copy for myself, but out of respect for the copyright owners I won't make it public,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here