Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much money would you miss the Bristol City game for?

How much money would you take to miss the Bristol City game for?

• £0 - £50

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • £50 - £100

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • £100 - £200

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • £200 - £1000

Votes: 26 18.4%
  • £1000 - £10,000

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • £10,000+

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Nothing, I wouldn't miss it for the World!

Votes: 47 33.3%

• Total voters

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The atmosphere will be great and I expect Tony will have a little gift for each fan presented on their seat in the way of a flag. Having said that it will take a lot to top the mood at the last few away matches and Wigan. it's a Saturday though so could be messy again in town after.

Yep, unfortunately it'll be quite late by the time it's all done and dusted and everyone has got there, shame it's not a 3 O'Clock KO really!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
How many of the 37% who say they wouldn`t miss it for any amount would really turn down £10,000 let alone £100,000 or £1m. I bet Tony Bloom would miss it for £1m.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I'm amazed that people are suggesting that they could be ' bought off ' for this game. It is going to be a fantastic day and one which any true Albion fan would not want to miss. The cavalcade of old players, the very special guest singing before the game, the thought of the trophy being lifted and paraded, a trophy we have never won before.
Sorry folks, no amount of money could stop me watching history being made.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
For the first time I will be missing an open top bus tour as I am playing golf all day on the Sunday 14th. And with missing the Wigan game and all that went with it, it seems a bit flat for me at the moment.

Hopefully we can do it on Saturday to clinch the title and then I will feel part of it!

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Tricky - I missed the Wigan game (family hols booked a LONG time ago well before the game had any obvious significance, particularly as it was over the school hols period) and would be desperately sad to miss us being champions at Brizzle if we were able to achieve that (not counting any chickens, of course). However, if the money was right...and it would have to be A LOT. It always makes me smile when people say "You couldn't pay me enough to do [whatever]" as faced with a big pile of said moolah, I think most would do it.

Outside the Goldstone in 1997 (Doncaster) I was offered £50 for my ticket which was abou 7 x it face value. So I suppose that is equivalent to being offered £200. Despite it being a lot of money and I wasn't a great earner, without a seconds thought I replied "sorry mate, no chance" I had my ticket, I was going in, nothing was going to change that. He could have probably offfered a grand and had the same reply. The money was not relevant, I had my ticket and that was that. My brain would not process swapping that for bits of paper with the Queens head on

I am looking for 2 or 3 in the East (ideally) though 😔

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not happy with the poll options. £200 - £1000 is far too wide a spread.

£200? not a chance.

£1000? Yes. How would you like to pay?

With my thousand pounds, I'll watch on Sky, sneak in at the end of the game for any potential trophy presentation / lap of honour, buy myself and my two lads corporate lounge tickets for Villa next week, and pay for next year's season tickets.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
The number of people saying they wouldn't sell whatever the money is ridiculous. The reality if offered a substantial sum of hard cash would be very different.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Not happy with the poll options. £200 - £1000 is far too wide a spread.

£200? not a chance.

£1000? Yes. How would you like to pay?

With my thousand pounds, I'll watch on Sky, sneak in at the end of the game for any potential trophy presentation / lap of honour, buy myself and my two lads corporate lounge tickets for Villa next week, and pay for next year's season tickets.

This.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Well if anybody falls into the top couple of categories then please send me a DM as I'd gladly take a couple of tickets off your hand for me and my son!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Or put another way, how much would you pay for a ticket?
My Daughter doesn't earn a lot and moved away to work a year ago after 3 seasons a ST holder (paid for by me). To commit to the Wigan game she lost three days pay plus the cost of getting back here.
'79 & '83 are the only 'big' memories I have and so I knew she HAD to be here.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
To be honest, Even if we win,I don't think Saturday will be anything like the Wigan game for intensity and sheer joy. I'll be there of course but I think in years to come people will look back and remember the scenes after the Wigan game rather than the Brizzle City one.

I dunno, you might be right, I perhaps had a few too many too early, for Wigan, it was almost too exciting, felt like it was impossible to take it all in, the tension, the joy etc. I definitely peaked too early! It will be different Saturday, but I'm thinking I might enjoy it even more, able to soak it all up, feel a bit more relaxed, and fingers crossed winning a title is what it's all about really, the glory, winning any league at any level is something to be savoured. I remember the last game at the Withdean with the trophy celebrations, incredible scenes even though it was done and dusted by then. I'm not disagreeing with you, just got my fingers crossed that Saturday will be just as special, and memorable in its own way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here