Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Probably realised Raffa has had enough of Ashley and that team/squad will get take them straight back down unless they spend HUGE

And finishing second is his excuse that his squad needs a huge investment of WONGA.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Surely the whole muted celebration thing is in part them getting returned to what they see as their 'rightful and expected level' and thus nothing to get excited about, whereas tinpot us....

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
First half 1:1 then had to watch Eastenders with Wife. 9:15 I put on the footie and told Wife I'd watch if close. 4:1 and all over.
9:40 put on the footie and everyone leaving the ground!!!! What a comeback I thought, must have lost 4:5 or something, then saw the banner saying Newcastle promoted.
WHAT? Where is the pitch invasion or the lap of honour or the singing or the drunkun players or the PROMOTED scarfs or anything? Raffa walked of the pitch and the stands were empty.
The way the fans celebrated at the Amex when they beat us I expected something.
It's like they all looked at each other and went "Yep" and went home.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Shelvey just always looks to me as if he ought to be Nick Griffin's chief minder at a BNP rally...... and he has been suspended for racist remarks. Wonder what he thinks of our manager.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Shelvey just always looks to me as if he ought to be Nick Griffin's chief minder at a BNP rally...... and he has been suspended for racist remarks. Wonder what he thinks of our manager.

"[It] is something I was born with," Shelvey says. "I fell down the stairs when I was a baby and fractured my skull and I think that made it worse. I think I always stressed myself out as a kid, and alopecia can be caused by stress. I tried things [to cure it] when I was younger. I tried this ointment that you used to rub into your head and you had to sleep in a woolly hat for three months. I got to about the fourth day and it was just roasting. I took the hat off and thought: 'If you don't like it, don't talk to me.'

"When I was with Arsenal [as a nine-year-old] I used to go into training with a baseball cap on, because I was so scared of what people were thinking when I was growing up. I remember walking through Romford with my sister and I had my bald head and people would stare. My sister would get upset about it and ask people what they were looking at. Now, I've got to the stage that I don't even bother shaving it some days. This is just the way I am, I suppose."

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
"[It] is something I was born with," Shelvey says. "I fell down the stairs when I was a baby and fractured my skull and I think that made it worse. I think I always stressed myself out as a kid, and alopecia can be caused by stress. I tried things [to cure it] when I was younger. I tried this ointment that you used to rub into your head and you had to sleep in a woolly hat for three months. I got to about the fourth day and it was just roasting. I took the hat off and thought: 'If you don't like it, don't talk to me.'

"When I was with Arsenal [as a nine-year-old] I used to go into training with a baseball cap on, because I was so scared of what people were thinking when I was growing up. I remember walking through Romford with my sister and I had my bald head and people would stare. My sister would get upset about it and ask people what they were looking at. Now, I've got to the stage that I don't even bother shaving it some days. This is just the way I am, I suppose."

Fair enough. The odd smile would help, though.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Some of their comments here, seems they are mostly relieved that they've done it.......

“Should have been done weeks ago but who cares.

“To be promoted at the first attempt with two games to spare is a fantastic job from Rafa, particularly considering we had no investment in Jan.

“A big summer ahead but lets enjoy the next few weeks. You rarely get to as a newcastle fan.

“Howay the lads!”

“Job done! Well done Rafa and the lads!

“The match itself is academic really, just chuffed we got the points needed to secure promotion, delighted!”

“It was a game which summed up our season.

“A struggle at times, should have done better for much of it but comfortable in the end.

“Praise be that paul gallagher and his acrobatics were invited to the party.

“It was time to go when they played rocking all over the world and people sang along.

“Proud of our efforts tonight, embarrassed by our musical tastes. HTL.”

“I don’t care we are there hahahahaha.

“Great win, now on to the prem.”

“There we have it. Job done.

“It’s had its moments, for sure, but overall what a great job Benitez has done.

“The nerves have been evident in recent weeks. This probably should have been wrapped up at Easter, but hey ho, we’ve done it with two games to spare.

“It was a convincing win tonight, despite the PNE leveller getting fans jittery. Atsu just before half time was crucial and then the red card has killed it. A deserved red as well, given he played the ball like a goalkeeper.

“Enjoy the moment now. Everyone will. It’s been a bit of slog but we can look back at it with great pride.

“Hard work starts here. We are back in the Premier League.

“Owner and MD must not now shaft Benitez. That’s the clear message. Retaining him is essential.”

“Nowt to it, really!

“Ahem… Next, we go on to the World Fruit Pastille Not Chewing Championships. Ayoze Perez with a last gasp not chewing of a green one.

“There’s work to do, but unlike the cloud cuckoo land, hands over ears nonsense of the past, I really think Rafa knows what to do next. Let’s hope he’s allowed to. But let’s enjoy the moment.

“Have a good night/week/weekend.”

“GET IN!!!

“Finally we’ve got over the line…

“Goodbye Championship, thankfully it’s been a short stay and we’re back where we all feel we should be.

“Can’t wait for next season!!!!”

“Mission accomplished!

“I had hoped for a bit of style to seal it and ultimately this turned out that way, albeit after some hairy moments between Preston’s equaliser and Atsu’s vital second goal.

“The relief as the lead built second half was tangible. This has been a battle throughout and I will not miss the Championship one little bit.

“A very tough league negotiated and now begins a nervous summer of seeing to what extent the squad is allowed its essential revamp.

“For now though, let’s have a beer and enjoy it.”

“Objective achieved! Enjoy the moment and worry about the rest later.

“Another wobbly first half and another strong second half.

“Nice if we can finish with a bang and win the title. Probably won’t like but who cares, it’s going to be a hell of a party at Cardiff.

“Congratulations to the gaffer and the lads.

“Rafa is THE man and showed his class by even shaking the lads’ hands taking the net down at the end – a mark of the man.

“Happy days.”

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Hopefully Bristol City will roll over Saturday. Beating Newcastle to the title will be the icing on the cake to a fantastic season.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Can't help but think we stole their thunder a little. We did it first and we did it in style, anything else is just a bit "whatever"

Though at the end of the day, Newcastle will be back up and will definitely be up there in the table. Maybe Mike Ashley has learnt his lesson about what happens when you sack a manager like Hughton and bring in an idiot like Pardew. What Hughton's speech tonight told me was that he really wants the title, and that was possibly to make a point.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here