Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle v Preston

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
When the extra tier is added to the Amex, they can go up there.

amex.jpg

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Neil Warnock said Newcastle have the best squad in the championship this year, but Brighton have the best team of 11 players who play for each other. I obviously agree.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It is a promising time, hopefully Benitez will have his ambition matched by the owner as it's certainly matched by the fans. I doubt we'll be challenging at the top end of the Premier League any time soon though. We've fallen too far too quickly, our best players on their best days wouldn't get into the squads of Man City or Chelsea. Unless we spend a fairly staggering amount it'll take years to usurp the likes of Stoke, and Southampton, let alone one of the top 6. Or of course we could randomly see a "Class of 92" come through our youth ranks, but I've more chance of winning the lottery.
Whatever happens between now and the end of the season this has been like Rocky II. Slugging it out for ages and now it looks like we're all punched out.
Yes, agree with that.

It's not a football fairytale, but neither was it a foregone conclusion and as such it should be lauded as a good achievement. An achievement that doesn't in any way, detract from Hguhton's at Brighton.
Agree with that too. Don't quite know what you were arguing about. Yes, you spent a lot of money, but you spent it well - end of story! Did anyone say otherwise?
Now go and enjoy next season - you've still got all that parachute money to spend (you have told us repeatedly that you didn't use any of it to fund your transfers, and we believe you) so just enjoy spending it now!

Jan 22, 2017
Yes, agree with that.

Agree with that too. Don't quite know what you were arguing about. Yes, you spent a lot of money, but you spent it well - end of story! Did anyone say otherwise?
Now go and enjoy next season - you've still got all that parachute money to spend (you have told us repeatedly that you didn't use any of it to fund your transfers, and we believe you) so just enjoy spending it now!

We won't be getting the parachute payments now, they are distributed between the 21 Championship clubs who don't go up. Vila and Norwich are going to get 40 Million each.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We won't be getting the parachute payments now, they are distributed between the 21 Championship clubs who don't go up. Vila and Norwich are going to get 40 Million each.

I'm talking about the parachute payments for this season!
:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here