Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knocky, the new Hazard?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
yep. can't stand the sight of each other.

View attachment 84610

giphy.gif

Look at the HATE in their eyes :nono:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I hope not. Hazard had a season where he didn't turn up.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He like the attention at brighton and CH knows how to manage him.

I get the impression that he's not Murray's best mate

I can imagine playing with AK is both very rewarding and very frustrating in equal measures. Occasionally a bit on the selfish side which must be irritating as a striker in 10 yards of space. On the other side of the coin he'll get you assists when he shouldn't. On balance you'd obviously rather have him but when Murray loves scoring goals as much as he does you can understand the odd bit of frustration.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy said the same about Cristiano Ronald

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This season GM has looked so much happier than in his last spell with us. He used to celebrate with a straight face and his "hand on head" sign, people used to say he never looked very happy and that was true.

But now he looks delighted when celebrating, massive smile on his face, you can easily lip read the "YESSSSSS" when he scores and see the happiness in his eyes.

It's great to see, let's leave the past in the past.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Crap comparison as they have markedly different playing styles. If Redknapp absolutely HAS to use a big name with which to describe him then I would say that Robben of the Championship is more apt.

Rubbish Knockaert is far fitter and rarely misses games due to a slight knock

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
As for Knocky, when you put together how quality he is and how exciting he is to watch with how happy he is here and how much he loves the club and the fans, it's bloody wonderful.

I really feel that he is the kind of sentimental and loyal personality that it would take a massive move to a top six club for him to consider moving on, I can easily see him turning down decent established PL clubs because he'd rather stay with us, and for that I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Another example of how things are just different at the Albion than at most other clubs, and in the best possible way.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Lets wait and see, its likely all our current squad will take time adjusting to the Premier League, I love this squad and want them all to have a shot at establishing themselves.
Patience from supporters will be required

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
When he writes the story of his new life will it be a Bio Hazard?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This season GM has looked so much happier than in his last spell with us. He used to celebrate with a straight face and his "hand on head" sign, people used to say he never looked very happy and that was true.

But now he looks delighted when celebrating, massive smile on his face, you can easily lip read the "YESSSSSS" when he scores and see the happiness in his eyes.

It's great to see, let's leave the past in the past.

Didn't look unhappy sprinting 100 yards towards us at Birmingham.......or every time he's scored in from the North this season.

Re Knocky, a Leicester STH colleague of mine, who has seen a lot of our games on TV this season, is staggered at the difference in him. Says he rarely tracked defensively back at Leicester but seems to be working his nuts off for us in that way. He's always had the skill, he's still developing - with continued improvement in his decision-making (every bollocking he gets from Glenn and Tomer for not crossing will contribute the this) he could be immense. Desperately hope we keep him and he continues to improve.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I read the thread title and thought of Mike Hazard, not Eden.

I'm going to have to swot up on Premier League footballers now as I've generally ignored them in the past, focussing more on whichever division we have been in.

Which teams do John Barnes and Andy Gray play for these days?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Knocky may well have dodgy games against the top lot next year and may in fact not even start. We will however need him fit and firing for games against the bottom half and particularly the bottom six. It is those games that will really define our season.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Knocky needs to temper his emotions, and while us as fans absolutely love him for it, he will be a better footballer if he tones it down a bit. Glenn seems to calm him down which is a good thing.

I don't know if anybody else noticed leading up to the first Norwich goal, Knocky and Dorrans were having a right spat - can see this on highlights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here