Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Awards Dinner timing

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Good point about this in the Argus comments section. Why is this event not until after the end of the season? Another opportunity for the players to celebrate / get pissed tonight when they should be focussing on Saturday's game. I'm worried we'll get a repeat of the Norwich match. Will be gutting if Newcastle pip us to the title.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good point about this in the Argus comments section. Why is this event not until after the end of the season? Another opportunity for the players to celebrate / get pissed tonight when they should be focussing on Saturday's game. I'm worried we'll get a repeat of the Norwich match. Will be gutting if Newcastle pip us to the title.

The players have been on strict curfews and restrictions in previous years, no different tonight.

Most the players were out on the piss (again) on Saturday too if that is your concern

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
A lot of players go on holiday straight after the last game of the season. Same reason PFA awards etc are before end of season.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
They could have gone to the PFA Awards dinner last night too if they felt the need to drink more.

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

They won't and they won't, so no worries at all.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
To book it immediately after the regular season ends risks interfering with play offs etc. Much later than that and people lose interest, as well as players and staff going on holiday.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Previous events that I've been to, the players are only on soft drinks and don't accept drinks offers(even softies).

Who offers drinks to people that earn more in a week than some people make in a year ! ?

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
I would guess there is an outing planned for Vegas stating from Birmingham airport week Sunday

I just hope some people don't get upset if Glenn Murray doesn't feature as prominently as Duffy, Dunk, Knockaert,Goldson et al in the inevitable Bellagio pool party Instagram collection.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
If he doesn't smile and wave at the camera there will be uproar

:lol:

Weird how a few people pick up on the fact that Murray wasn't seen crowd-surfing down West Street whilst singing We're On Our Way and simultaneously depth-charging five bottles of lager, but don't ask where Hemed, Kayal, Bruno, Rosenior or Stockdale were, to name several others.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
:lol:

Weird how a few people pick up on the fact that Murray wasn't seen crowd-surfing down West Street whilst singing We're On Our Way and simultaneously depth-charging five bottles of lager, but don't ask where Hemed, Kayal, Bruno, Rosenior or Stockdale were, to name several others.

Stockdale and Rosenior DID feature in train videos, to be fair.

I presume that the Israeli Men (Hallelujah) were having an expensive meal in an expensive restaurant with their expensive WAGS, that Bruno was with Saint Calde at Latino America, and that Glenn was off doing whatever it is Glenn does.

Before all of them met up with the young beserkers at the big club do, later on.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Glen left the Amex around 6.30 driving his car, as we were outside the North stand, as he drove out of the car park, likewise Pocognoli and Uwe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here