Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Blood - Concorde tonight

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
So how was it ?

Loud, energetic, sweaty.

They are an excellent live band/duo and were clearly excited to be playing at home. They played most (all?) of the first album, and a few that will obviously be on the next one - didn't sound like much of a departure, but sounded good anyway.

The atmosphere was superb, the mosh pit raucus but friendly.

Only complaint from me - the set was too short. they came on stage at 9, and were off at 10.

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
It was excellent!
Good to see the club logo on the drum kit and to hear lots of BHA songs from the crowd!
They are a top live band and it's been a long time since I have seen such an energetic and powerful performance.

Albion my Albion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Oh, I thought Prince Harry had used an old aircraft to get back to London from L.A. in time for an appointment.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
From their FB page image.jpeg

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Can't believe Ben did not have an Albion Shirt on !

Too Rock n Roll for that now I guess ;-)

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
I saw them live at a small festival in Bourges, central France, about three years ago. They were relatively new then and most of the French audience had not heard of them. When they came onto the stage and Ben sat at his drum kit I started singing GOSBTS (bemused looks from the French) Ben began drumming along to it and he had a very brief with me from the stage. Also caught up with him after the show. It was ace meeting him. Proud of his Sussex roots. Proud of his football club.

Loud, energetic, sweaty.

They are an excellent live band/duo and were clearly excited to be playing at home. They played most (all?) of the first album, and a few that will obviously be on the next one - didn't sound like much of a departure, but sounded good anyway.

The atmosphere was superb, the mosh pit raucus but friendly.

Only complaint from me - the set was too short. they came on stage at 9, and were off at 10.

Just a guess on my part, but I think the set time was because Monday and the upcoming four dates in May are warm-ups before they hit the festival circuit over the summer. Understandable as Monday was their first show of any kind since October 2015. Imagine the time they'll get at most festivals they're playing will be near an hour. Expecting dates for bigger venues (Brixton Academy you'd think for London, and maybe the Brighton Centre) for a full UK tour with a longer set later in the year will be part of next month's announcement.

Was completely worth getting in the queue for 6am, considering people arriving at 7 were among the last to get wristbands. Well organised to prevent touts and queue jumpers getting hold of tickets.

Saw them in Portsmouth and Reading Festival in 2015, but Monday was something special. Set was, by my estimation, about 50/50 in terms of debut album songs and new material. Going by what I saw Monday night, I reckon HDWGSD? is set to be an absolute corker of a record!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Short set as still in frantic rehearsals to get the new songs ready for live. A fair few of the parts on the new album are more complex.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Got couple of tickets on pre sale this morning for Southampton gig

Fingers crossed can get another 2 on Friday otherwise I'm going to have a very sad little man at home !!!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Royal Blood on Radio X

Next Thursday, June 15th, Radio X will be taken over by the loudest UK duo of the moment to celebrate the follow-up to their self-titled debut.

From 8pm they’ll be in the studio with Gordon Smart, then from 9pm fans can hear exclusive live tracks from their recent Brighton show.

At 10pm Ben and Mike will be in conversation with the most trusted man in music, John Kennedy, taking him through their brand new How Did We Get So Dark? album track by track.

http://www.radiox.co.uk

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I got 2 tickets to see them at Ally Pally in November when they went on general release this morning. I just hope that we're not the Sky Monday night game that day now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here