Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

heard on talk sport

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
No, that's not my understanding. I believe we have maxed out already.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Blimey, this seems to be cropping up a lot lately.

Its impossible to put another tier anywhere in the Amex, without disassembling the whole thing and pretty much starting again from scratch.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
1) Tone and Barbs have covered this 485 times. NO.

2) We don't need anymore. We are pretty much maxed out. Be surprised if the likes of Burnley and Watford sell out next season. The half/half scarf games however....that's a different question.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We don't need more capacity anyway - nth season syndrome will be kicking in soon, we'll be lucky to get 20k, I read it on here.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I thought everything is posable but at a cost but we need to Make sure we stay in the premiership first.
Norwich had plans to extend its ground but relegation put paid to it.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We don't need more capacity anyway - nth season syndrome will be kicking in soon, we'll be lucky to get 20k, I read it on here.

Yep. If we get relegated we'll be back down to a 27k home average again, as all the Premier League JCLs desert us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I have said previously Richard Hebbard told me the footings are suitable for a 60k capacity BUT it would be a very expensive job and as Easy10 says virtually a rebuild of the complete top half of the stadium. If and when the crowds justify it no doubt it will be considered until then it will stay as it is with very little increase.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As I have said previously Richard Hebbard told me the footings are suitable for a 60k capacity BUT it would be a very expensive job and as Easy10 says virtually a rebuild of the complete top half of the stadium. If and when the crowds justify it no doubt it will be considered until then it will stay as it is with very little increase.

If he did, then he was taking the piss out of you.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
we can put another tier in the Amex surely that's wrong and a mistake but Ray Wilkins says he heard that we can????

Keep up Ray, we've already put in the extra tier and filled the corners.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I love Ray. He's a real life football Brent

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Five live said the same thing about 6 months ago, it’s not true. Apparently they can add a few seats hear and all the extra seats tiers have been added.

I think because, when it opened everyone was told that extra tier can be added in addition to the corners being filled etc. that people don't realise that this has now been done and max capacity has been built.

With the transport, car parking etc. even an extra 5k fans would make getting to and from the games even harder.
If Brighton spend the next 10 years in the Premier League and establish a waiting list of 10k wanting extra season tickets then they might look at it but even then it would be difficult to achieve without moving railway lines, removing car parking space etc.

The Amex is pretty good the way it is….. except for the lack of an outside toilet!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here