Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
He's probably been looking at pictures like this! :lol:

amexx.jpg

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Can just imagine the quote on Talksport

''Well Matey, I heard that Brighton can literally have an extra tier in their stadium. Fantastic. Or it might have been that the players shed a tear because they got promoted. Unfortunately, I keep kicking myself in the foot here. Pass me that bottle of Hendricks''

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Possibly need a Fulham style neutral area where families or even individual fans with split loyalties can cheer ALL of the goals. :moo:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Why on earth would anyone listen to what convicted drunk driver and Albion non-expert Ray Wilkins says? About anything?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another tier

or

Another beer?

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
As I have said previously Richard Hebbard told me the footings are suitable for a 60k capacity BUT it would be a very expensive job and as Easy10 says virtually a rebuild of the complete top half of the stadium. If and when the crowds justify it no doubt it will be considered until then it will stay as it is with very little increase.

Absolute rubbish. You can't double the capacity on the same footprint. As well as building upwards you would have to build out.

As most people have said, we don't need anything bigger.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don't agree with those who think it's big enough. I do agree that it cannot be significantly expanded though. I think in hindsight 35k would've been better but hey ho...
Yes, in an ideal world the north stand would have an upper tier.

However, anyone moaning at this is the sort of person who if they won £100,000 in a free prize draw - would then whinge that they had to go to the bank to pay in a cheque rather than have it done electronically.

It's a 30,750 capacity - about 1,500 short of the Southampton, Derby and Leicester identikit stadia, but 3-4,000 more than Stoke and Forest. It doesn't really make any difference. That'll do me.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Can't see it ever being financially viable. Unless the Sky golden goose stops laying it's eggs (which is a possibility but not any time soon) then gate receipts aren't really relevant to financial security in the PL.

It's only worthwhile for the big boys who are trying to max out already huge income, and even then, only just (future proofing re tv income notwithstanding).

Not gonna happen.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
1) Tone and Barbs have covered this 485 times. NO.

2) We don't need anymore. We are pretty much maxed out. Be surprised if the likes of Burnley and Watford sell out next season. The half/half scarf games however....that's a different question.

Wasn't it covered in that 'have a chat with TB' in a pub before the Brizzle game earlier in the season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here