Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle: Oh what to wish for?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Newcastle win tomorrow and then all their players go on the razz for a few days to celebrate, culminating in a dire 2-0 loss at Cardiff on Friday.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We're both going up, no doubt.
Hope they lose one of the games before Saturday though, so that we can celebrate from the start rather than be nervous.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Newcastle to lose please, job done, party time

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
They'll win. The Hudd defeat was big fillip to them yesterday, enabling them to celebrate in front of 52,000.

We'll lose at Villa. Bruce and his vastly expensive squad, with home advantage, will be determined to give a feel good factor ready for the push next season.

The Bristol City game is our crucial cup final, for the silverware.

Indeed it is, we must win against Bristol City as Aston Villa away would be a massive (forgive) task and hopefully the players will be up for it after (perhaps) having been 'off the pace' perhaps after too many glasses after the Wigan game.

It would indeed be a shame if we failed after having been seven points ahead before we visited Norwich.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Indeed it is, we must win against Bristol City as Aston Villa away would be a massive (forgive) task and hopefully the players will be up for it after (perhaps) having been 'off the pace' perhaps after too many glasses after the Wigan game.

It would indeed be a shame if we failed after having been seven points ahead before we visited Norwich.

I had Norwich and Villa away as defeats all season. Expensive PL squads and home advantage. Thank God we got the promotion job done early with the four straight wins.

I'm sure (95%) we'll do the business against Bristol City.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I had Norwich and Villa away as defeats all season. Expensive PL squads and home advantage. Thank God we got the promotion job done early with the four straight wins.

Hopefully you are right !

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Five wins shirley, were you not paying attention?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
They are the rightful champions, let's have none of this 'falter' talk.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Newcastle 11-1 for the title now. Which actually isn't bad value I think. If we slip up Saturday, I'd fancy them.

I put a covering bet on earlier. I did us at the start of season, £10 at 14's. Whacked £10 on Newcastle, just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I think we'll do it against Bristol City. However if they falter let's celebrate! I'd still love them to be caught - but that looks unlikely now

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I don't care

For purely selfish reasons, I care!!!

My best friend, who works for Skybet, is presenting the team with the trophy on Saturday night - if all goes to plan.

So if Newcastle win the next two, and we don't win Saturday, going to be a tad embarrassing (but like I said, this is for selfish, personal reasons of not wanting to be canned by him for the next 30-40 years!)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Going by form Newcastle should beat Preston, but Preston are hard to breakdown and without Gayle I think a draw could be likely.
A win on Saturday, though with Bristol's current form that isn't nailed on, already being title holders would be best.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Before Norwich I wanted it to be against Brizzle, but the nerves are starting, so wouldn't say no to Toon faltering and an all day party Sat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here