Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle: Oh what to wish for?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We want to get the title asap, and that means tonight.

Then a full first team exhibition match and trophy presentation at the Amex, followed by a friendly at Villa where squad members like Towell and an U23 or 2 get run outs.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Heart says 97th min winner against BC, head says 97th min winner for Preston

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Falter

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Whatever happens is a bonus on a bonus. I thought at the start of the season that we may just get into the playoffs. We did more than that and I couldn't be happier. It would be nice for the Bristol game to have a carnival atmosphere where it's a day of celebration. Newcastle to falter please

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
For purely selfish reasons, I care!!!

My best friend, who works for Skybet, is presenting the team with the trophy on Saturday night - if all goes to plan.

So if Newcastle win the next two, and we don't win Saturday, going to be a tad embarrassing (but like I said, this is for selfish, personal reasons of not wanting to be canned by him for the next 30-40 years!)

Misquoted me like a lazy journo.

I give two f*cks about the outcome of champions. "No" and "Who gives a" and that is it.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Newcastle lose tonight.
Albion players can then celebrate together at the Awards Dinner when the final whistle goes.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Obviously a Newcastle defeat tonight please. They won't lose though. I fully expect them to cruise past Preston tonight.

Quite happy for us to take the title ourselves at home on saturday.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's in our own hands. 2 to play, we'll win 1 of them. A lot of faith in our side to win this title.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but I suspect the player awards might get a bit interesting should Newcastle lose tonight.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Falter, of course. Ridiculous question. It's a bit like saying do you want us to win the title or still have the possibility of maybe not winning it?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Falter,particularly after Benitez saying we should be promoted because of the money we spent.Que?Fat spanish waiter twunt.:censored:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think we should lose our last two games and let Newcastle take the title.

We've already been selfish twice: not letting the SUPERIOR Reading take the title, and not letting the SUPERIOR Southampton take the title. It would be unfair on Newcastle not to let them lift the trophy they rightly DESERVE.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think we should lose our last two games and let Newcastle take the title.

We've already been selfish twice: not letting the SUPERIOR Reading take the title, and not letting the SUPERIOR Southampton take the title. It would be unfair on Newcastle not to let them lift the trophy they rightly DESERVE.

It doesn't really matter though. We can win the title and celebrate that achievement, and then afterwards the media can retrospectively ordain Newcastle as Champions, like they did with Southampton. That way we both win :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do we want to see them falter tomorrow (and Friday) so we are confirmed as champions asap or do we want them to get at least 4 points out of their next two fixtures so we can actually win the league in style at our place on Saturday?
That's a pretty dumb question right there.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It doesn't really matter though. We can win the title and celebrate that achievement, and then afterwards the media can retrospectively ordain Newcastle as Champions, like they did with Southampton. That way we both win :thumbsup:

Oh yes, you're right.

1 Brighton & Hove Albion (P) 46 28 11 7 85 40 +45 95
2 Southampton (C) (P) 46 28 8 10 86 38 +48 92
3 Huddersfield Town 46 25 12 9 77 48 +29 87
4 Peterborough United (P) 46 23 10 13 106 75 +31 79
5 Milton Keynes Dons 46 23 8 15 67 60 +7 77
6 Bournemouth 46 19 14 13 75 54 +21 71

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here