Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When we will get our first Hughton Out thread?

How many games will it take for someone to call for hughtons head?

• Total voters

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Rather than pre empt the fickleness of our fans, lets have a poll to see how long it takes before we start turning on our own.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I make a promise now that I will never call for Hughton to go.

If results really were bad enough to warrant it and Chris knew he could not turn it around we know he would do the decent thing and resign.

I am confident with 4 or 5 first class additions this will not be the case.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We may well be happy to drop back into the Championship. The last time we were in the top flight didn't compare to the fun we had getting there. I can pretty well guarantee we'll be looking back at this season with misty eyes for many a year. I hope we stick with CH regardless.

Love us to be a force in the Premier League but it won't happen overnight and it could be grim for a few seasons.

This!

I hope we stay up and become an upper premier league club.

However, I would rather be a yo -yo club than a club that struggles every season just to stay out of bottom 3 with no further hope or ambition.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Had to go pre-season as we have such a wide spectrum to fans here they'll always be the one who calls for his head after losing away at Real Madrid!

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
I'm not going to vote in this one, i'd hope we have the faith and give him the whole season without too much negativity

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Where has anybody suggested we would be happy to drop back into The Championship? Relegation would make next season a pretty miserable one for all of us.
The point is that long term, going back down may not be the end of the world - hefty parachute payments, plus a full season of PL booty would leave us in a much stronger position to get promotion than we were at the start of the season; more money in the bank, and some more PL standard players at the club. I won't be happy to be relegated, but being a bounce club is no bad thing - and it can be an awesome launch pad, if handled properly.
And if that happens to us, I'd want Hughton here managing it.

This is precisely my view.

So I haven't voted either.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As long as we are sensible with money, relegation will not be too disastrous so I won't be calling for his head at all.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
7 clubs in the Premier League are reasonably secure every season - the other 13 could/will all suffer relegation at some point - and Tony Bloom has already said that at some point he'd expect Brighton to be one of them. Do we want that - no ! Should we expect it - probably. Has Hughton done a better job than Poyet, Garcia and Hyypia in getting us there - yes. Will any of us be expecting to win regularly in the Premier League next season ?

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Where has anybody suggested we would be happy to drop back into The Championship? Relegation would make next season a pretty miserable one for all of us.
The point is that long term, going back down may not be the end of the world - hefty parachute payments, plus a full season of PL booty would leave us in a much stronger position to get promotion than we were at the start of the season; more money in the bank, and some more PL standard players at the club. I won't be happy to be relegated, but being a bounce club is no bad thing - and it can be an awesome launch pad, if handled properly.
And if that happens to us, I'd want Hughton here managing it.

Totally agree. No one wants us to get relegated, but IF it happened, provided we hadn't blown all the dosh on a couple of marquee signings in January to try and keep us up, it wouldn't be the end of the world - and after what we went through in the 1990s to even suggest it is an insult to the fans of clubs who are in real trouble and would love to deal with PL relegation.

The problem then of course would be fans expecting us to use our nouveau riches to totally piss the Championship. 2nd at Christmas? Hooton out!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hope Albion fans have more patience than Birmingham fans.But having been in the crowd when fans were having a go at the 'Dim Finn',perhaps not!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here