Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

French presidential election.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
What evidence do you have that it will be rigged particularly in a democracy

Please. It's been explained elsewhere that Soulman doesn't like to answer questions. Therefore, if he announces that the French elections are rigged then it is quite wrong for anyone to ask him for evidence of this. If more than say three people ask him for evidence then it will be exposed as a bullying conspiracy conducted by enemies of the people. I hope this clarifies things for you.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Macron is now 1/6 to be the next French president.

Defeated candidates all coming out in support of him as the only logical choice to prevent Le Pen getting in.

Would take a miracle for Le Pen to make it now. Thankfully

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Please. It's been explained elsewhere that Soulman doesn't like to answer questions. Therefore, if he announces that the French elections are rigged then it is quite wrong for anyone to ask him for evidence of this. If more than say three people ask him for evidence then it will be exposed as a bullying conspiracy conducted by enemies of the people. I hope this clarifies things for you.

Hello, you back again, sh1t stirring and cosying up to your mates.
Firstly i have stated on the other thread that i am not replying to studio 150, i might get more PM's if i do.
So i believe the vote is rigged because now the field is narrowed down the ousted parties will (like you and your mates) just gang up on Le Pen.....was blatantly obvious what the outcome of the first round would be, and predicted what would happen in the next round.
This tired old "soulman does not answer questions" has been aired many times, just admit you do not agree with my opinions or answers, this becomes apparent when you can not accept the result of a democratic vote, and just keep whining it's not fair.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There aren't any direct equivalents: the FN is more like our BNP

Spot on. The far-right have always had so much more in common with the far-left than the centre-right. I would have loved to have seen Nick Griffin, who is emigrating to Hungary.(oh sweet irony, how dost thou tease me), forced to explain his fiscal and monetary policies based on a strict command economy and wholesale renationalisation.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Macron is now 1/6 to be the next French president.

Defeated candidates all coming out in support of him as the only logical choice to prevent Le Pen getting in.

Would take a miracle for Le Pen to make it now. Thankfully

We can only dream of candidates like Macron in the UK, socially liberal, economically conservative. Right now it just doesn't really exist, LD probably the closest

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
We can only dream of candidates like Macron in the UK, socially liberal, economically conservative. Right now it just doesn't really exist, LD probably the closest
I agree. In an election where the vote will be split between more parties than ever before it's a real shame there isn't one doing what Macron's doing.

We're going to end up with a fairly sizeable conservative majority despite the majority of the country not wanting it.

A reasoned, sensible, charismatic Macron character for the UK could clean up and it's a crying shame we're not given anything close to that

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I've heard Le Pen speak afew times and I didn't find anything wrong with what she said, she seemed pretty sensible.

I know her dad was considered racist and the FN is also seen in that light, but can anyone tell me what she has said which is so outrageous?

I did a quick google search just now, and I saw loads of "guilty by association" points, and the usual accusations of racism because she wants to control immigration, but is there anything which she has said which is actually worthy of all the hate?

Genuine question, she has come across well to me when I have listened to her, but I may have missed something.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Firstly i have stated on the other thread that i am not replying to studio 150, i might get more PM's if i do.
So i believe the vote is rigged because now the field is narrowed down the ousted parties will (like you and your mates) just gang up on Le Pen.....was blatantly obvious what the outcome of the first round would be, and predicted what would happen in the next round.
This tired old "soulman does not answer questions" has been aired many times, just admit you do not agree with my opinions or answers, this becomes apparent when you can not accept the result of a democratic vote, and just keep whining it's not fair.

You don't half talk rubbish

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
One of the largest economies in the world, the country that gave us Dumas and Hugo and provided the blueprint for modern democratic republics has just seen 5 million voters choosing a far-right candidate. Strange times.

[tweet]856232268473487360[/tweet]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I know her dad was considered racist.

It's a bit more than that. Openly racist, a Nazi sympathiser and holocaust denier. If Marine had a different father then she wouldn't attract half as much suspicion but it's only natural and very sensible to wonder if she genuinely disagrees with her father's politics or if it's all a show. She was a member of the FN for many years when he was leader and was happy for him to express those views. What changed her mind and when?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I've heard Le Pen speak afew times and I didn't find anything wrong with what she said, she seemed pretty sensible.

I know her dad was considered racist and the FN is also seen in that light, but can anyone tell me what she has said which is so outrageous?

I did a quick google search just now, and I saw loads of "guilty by association" points, and the usual accusations of racism because she wants to control immigration, but is there anything which she has said which is actually worthy of all the hate?

Genuine question, she has come across well to me when I have listened to her, but I may have missed something.

She speaks well, is patriotic and wants the best for France. I have also heard her speak and can not find anything wrong with her views.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
One of the largest economies in the world, the country that gave us Dumas and Hugo and provided the blueprint for modern democratic republics has just seen 5 million voters choosing a far-right candidate. Strange times.

[tweet]856232268473487360[/tweet]

What does far right mean to you? (genuine question)

& I ask that question to others too, what does it mean to be "far right"?

I ask because, Le Pen and afew other people who I admire and respect have been referred to as "Far right" in the media and elsewhere. I am relatively young and my first basic understanding of the "Far right" used to be the Republican Party of George Bush (i.e. bad, authoritarian), but now I'm starting to wonder what it actually means? Those people I have heard called far right in recent times are often proponents of personal Liberty and opponents of authoritarian government.

So I don't get it?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

You're right - I disagree with your view that, because most other parties (and, more importantly, most voters) are against le Pen, the vote is therefore 'rigged'. It's incoherent rubbish I'm afraid.

Still, we mustn't fall out on St George's Day. I enjoyed our little celebration. How did yours go?

D

Deleted member 22389

You have missed nothing, how many people who call her far right, racist have actually listened to what she has to say. She speaks common sense. The French will wake up one day and say, oh shit may be she was right. They did this with farage, the establishment just don't like the truth.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You're right - I disagree with your view that, because most other parties (and, more importantly, most voters) are against le Pen, the vote is therefore 'rigged'. It's incoherent rubbish I'm afraid.

Still, we mustn't fall out on St George's Day. I enjoyed our little celebration. How did yours go?

Fine, a pint or two of Bitter and great seeing the Royals at the London marathon, didn't our capital city look splendid.....so proud.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It's a bit more than that. Openly racist, a Nazi sympathiser and holocaust denier. If Marine had a different father then she wouldn't attract half as much suspicion but it's only natural and very sensible to wonder if she genuinely disagrees with her father's politics or if it's all a show. She was a member of the FN for many years when he was leader and was happy for him to express those views. What changed her mind and when?

Does she have to prove that she is not her father? You are right, peoples suspicions are natural, but I would hope people would judge someone by what they say and do, not their father.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What does far right mean to you? (genuine question)

& I ask that question to others too, what does it mean to be "far right"?

I ask because, Le Pen and afew other people who I admire and respect have been referred to as "Far right" in the media and elsewhere. I am relatively young and my first basic understanding of the "Far right" used to be the Republican Party of George Bush (i.e. bad, authoritarian), but now I'm starting to wonder what it actually means? Those people I have heard called far right in recent times are often proponents of personal Liberty and opponents of authoritarian government.

So I don't get it?

I would define far-right as a party committed to very big government, Statist, a command economy and underpinned with nationalist policies that are deliberately discriminatory. Just my view but I think a lot of people call Trump far-right because they consider him to be racist and far-right/ racist become interchangeable.

I think it's impossible to be a libertarian, which I know you are, and also be described as far-right. They're incompatible.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
If she didn't want to be associated with her father she should have started a new party without all the baggage the Front Nationale carries.

If Nick Griffin's successor came out stating he/she was cleaning up the BNP and we should all vote for them as the party of British nationalism, would people be happy to ignore everything the BNP has historically stood for?

Their base is toxic and their core rotten. You can't brush that away

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If she didn't want to be associated with her father she should have started a new party without all the baggage the Front Nationale carries.

If Nick Griffin's successor came out stating he/she was cleaning up the BNP and we should all vote for them as the party of British nationalism, would people be happy to ignore everything the BNP has historically stood for?

Their base is toxic and their core rotten. You can't brush that away

Would all of those things apply to Sinn Fein?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here