Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Merson

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
His thoughts on the Bournmouth v Middlesborough game and the teams respective tactics are interesting. Two recently promoted clubs, one holding its own in the Prem, the other failing at the first attempt. Interesting to see how we adapt next season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Middlesborough in the Premiership is 'like being invited to the biggest party in the World and then sitting at the bar drinking diet-coke'. A cracking quote from Merson and sums it up for Boro...

TNBA

TTF

Well Paul Merson must be sick to the back teeth with drinking diet coke, after all those years on the booze.

I take his point though. I think the biggest mistake Middlesbrough made, was in sacking Aitor Karanka, and not replacing him with an experienced manager They were pretty much doomed from that moment onwards.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
His thoughts on the Bournmouth v Middlesborough game and the teams respective tactics are interesting. Two recently promoted clubs, one holding its own in the Prem, the other failing at the first attempt.
Pretty confident CH will continue with the passing, attack minded game (especially after his period with Norwich in the Prem). We have far more in common with Bournemouth than Boro.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Pretty confident CH will continue with the passing, attack minded game (especially after his period with Norwich in the Prem). We have far more in common with Bournemouth than Boro.

I totally disagree. I think it will be a defensive Brighton in the PL but I do think he will ''have a go'' at every team in home games at the Amex. Even the ''big guns''

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I totally disagree. I think it will be a defensive Brighton in the PL but I do think he will ''have a go'' at every team in home games at the Amex. Even the ''big guns''

Attacking at home and more defensive away seems to be the drill.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Well Paul Merson must be sick to the back teeth with drinking diet coke, after all those years on the booze.

I take his point though. I think the biggest mistake Middlesbrough made, was in sacking Aitor Karanka, and not replacing him with an experienced manager They were pretty much doomed from that moment onwards.

Ah - but Stewart Downing wanted Agnew to get the job......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed that link. I have long held the belief that when we make it up, it'd be great to really go for it. From memory, teams that try and be too defence and tight struggle a lot more than teams that have a slightly more gun-ho attitude. Not to mention the football is far more enjoyable to watch!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here