Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Just glad we haven't got the French National Debt-96% of GDP!A mere 2,160,558,000,000 Euros :eek:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
How did Blair leave English people feeling 3rd class?

Watching Corbyn pretending he had to travel in the toilet on a train left anybody with a brain feeling 3rd class.Blair never chucked Corbyn out-QED!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What about footballers wages too? Reckon they earn more than bankers?

maybe as footballers do get(you will notice I did not say earn) huge amounts of money and I am sure they do not fall about injured, they fall about laughing

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Anyone who decides to vote based on whether or not we have more bank holidays shouldn't be allowed to vote and equally anyone who thinks people will vote purely on this issue should be kept from the ballot box.

I agree that the policy is no good, but let's not suggest that some people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I agree that the policy is no good, but let's not suggest that some people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

I say this partly in jest but is it such a bad idea? Maybe the vote should be earned instead of a birth right? Maybe a simple test where people have to show a reasonable understanding of certain things is the way forward? After all, cars in the hands of unqualified drivers are dangerous. The same can be said of the ballot box.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It's not complicated - Austerity has hit the least well off the hardest while the most wealthy enjoy the party, that's what we 'moan' about. Being left of centre is essentially about looking after those most in need rather that focussing on self interest so when a Tory chancellor proposes tax rises that we know will be regressive, it's something that we are very likely to 'moan' about.

Out of interest, what significant regressive taxes have the tories introduced recently? purchase tax, perhaps the worst regressive tax snd the pre cursor for vat, was introduced in 1940, i would be interested in removing that over time

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Typical nationalistic, sexist, white privilege, patriarchal, christian nonsense from Corbyn.
What about a religious bank holiday with us minorities taken into consideration?

Next stop….. celebrating Hitlers birthday

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I say this partly in jest but is it such a bad idea? Maybe the vote should be earned instead of a birth right? Maybe a simple test where people have to show a reasonable understanding of certain things is the way forward? After all, cars in the hands of unqualified drivers are dangerous. The same can be said of the ballot box.

So what test....."If you don`t agree with the way I think, you`re stupid and can`t vote".

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Yes it's such a bad idea. "Show a reasonable understanding of certain things" would mean different things to different people.

Who gets to vote would really depend on who is in power at the time.

I don't believe in man made global warming, oh you don't have a "reasonable understanding" of "global warming"? - no vote.
I don't believe in the redistribution of wealth, oh you don''t have a "reasonable understanding" of "social justice"? - no vote.
I don't believe in positive discrimination, oh you don't have a "reasonable understanding" of "race, gender or LGBT issues"? - no vote.

If you are confident in what you believe in, then you don't need to fear those who believe something different. You want to deal with peoples lack of a "reasonable understanding" of something? Then work to inform and convince them.

The last thing we should want is for some to be excluded from the process because they think differently from us. Not least because one day "us" will be "them" and it will be you and I who cannot vote because we are lacking a "reasonable understanding" in the eyes of others.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The introduction of the Euro has directly benefited the German economy at the expense of the majority of the others, thats reflected in this ratio

Of course. And their football team is just very lucky? Their cars are just the best of a bad bunch?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Of course. And their football team is just very lucky? Their cars are just the best of a bad bunch?

Their team cheat and their cars makers lie. I'm very happy you live in Germany they're welcome to you

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You are so up your own backside about Labour and protecting your beloved Tories that it is the first thing you think about on a Sunday morning and put it on a football forum.
You must be either lonely or deranged.
Yep, no Labourite would ever do such a thing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So what test....."If you don`t agree with the way I think, you`re stupid and can`t vote".

Not at all. Just a basic understanding of economic, political and cultural issues irrespective of political sway. But yes, if you're too stupid you can't vote.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here