Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fiscal Failings from Labour Again

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I think the poster has put up many views and points over the years re Labours decline and foolishness, I think he may have just been addressing this point as it was highlighted, I expect you knew this though and will allow him his vote in the future.

I hope so.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Saints Days would be a stupid idea in our multi-cultural society.If we're going to have 4 extra days holiday,they should commemorate great events in British history.VE Day,Waterloo Day,Trafalgar Day,Brexit Day :angel::thumbsup:

barchetta

Mar 21, 2016
I see no one standing up for those less fortunate or disabled.
This current government are a social disgrace, one rule for the unfortunate, hoodwink those just about managing, those a bit more well off think the Tories are helping them, all the while the top one percent are getting richer.
#We are all in together

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
It was a joke. Outgoing ministers often leave jokes for their replacements, its a light-hearted ritual that has been ongoing for a long time

Having working for a central government department for many years, I would respond it this with "Purdah". On Friday, my office was buzzing with this - so no reactionary "jokes" can be left for replacements - the longer term ones are usually referred to as "inherited mess" - basically providing a "honeymoon period" for any incoming replacement. Purdah is intended to stop ministers leaving a deliberate mess, or jokes, as you refer to them.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Was working on Crawley hospital, work ongoing for another couple of years. Worked at Southlands, work ongoing. Got mates on Chi hospital and work on Worthing hospital.
Royal Sussex having major work for 6-10 years.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I blame the media

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Putting out the same old patter eh

the interfering know all who lives and breathes the Fatherland whilst telling the UK what to do.
It is people like you that make us who actually live HERE very wary of the Germany led EU.

Oh the irony. And you actually said this in the same paragraph!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
£1,905,003,594,082 Germany for comparison

Converted from Euro to Sterling.

Obviously our Debt to GDP ratio is slightly higher than Germany,yet our economic prowess is less too,hmm not good either way it's dressed up..For all of us.

82% to 57% is not "slightly"

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
What is it with the lefties? Are they really totally economically illiterate?

First, they moan about austerity (which, by the way, we haven't had in the UK contrary to popular belief), then, because the government has kept the level of public services high (NHS, education, benefits, pensions, etc.), they then moan about the level of debt.

It's not complicated - Austerity has hit the least well off the hardest while the most wealthy enjoy the party, that's what we 'moan' about. Being left of centre is essentially about looking after those most in need rather that focussing on self interest so when a Tory chancellor proposes tax rises that we know will be regressive, it's something that we are very likely to 'moan' about.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Is this thread just another Blue V Red with the same levels of passion we see with a Merseyside derby?
In political terms, thank god I'm an Atheist - a Tranmere supporter, if you like, in the football analogy.

Blue or Red, they're all as bad as each other. To continue the football analogy [why not, this is a football forum after all] - each team has some good players in their squad, but some right duffers as well. The starting 11 [cabinet ministers & shadows] are picked by the captain - but if you have elected a duff captain, the whole team will be up against it. The bench are picked [elected] by their local [constituency] supporters. The match lasts five years, but can be reduced if the team in charge chooses to. Substitutions are allowed [re-shuffles] but transfers [window always open] are very rare.

The division is like the old Scottish first division - only two strong teams [Celtic & Rangers] with any real chances of winning, the rest are made up of pub teams. What happened to Rangers a while back also has ties to Labour - a major knock-back that will take some time to recover from.

I'm sure there are plenty more analogies to be drawn, but I'm bored with writing this, as I am with politics - but not bored at all with football !

As for Brexit - I'm quite looking forward to not suffering the humiliation of the Eurovision Song Contest ever again. The Euro, football championship, likewise. We are better off out brothers ....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hope your well HT? Any chance you could start a second GE thread with one of your famous predictions?

Im good thanks, just got back from a week in the UK.

Ha ha. You should be very grateful I didn't start a 9 points clear of Huddersfield thread! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here