Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MoTD tonight...

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
So how far up the PL and down the Championship do you go for parity?
Bottom 6 are Burnley, Palace, Hull, Swansea, Boro & Sunderland.
Top 6 are BHA, Newcastle, Reading, Sheff Wed, Huddersfield & Fulham. You could argue to add Leeds.
Is it time for four promotion / relegation places?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So how far up the PL and down the Championship do you go for parity?
Bottom 6 are Burnley, Palace, Hull, Swansea, Boro & Sunderland.
Top 6 are BHA, Newcastle, Reading, Sheff Wed, Huddersfield & Fulham. You could argue to add Leeds.
Is it time for four promotion / relegation places?

I think it's about time there was a minimum standard required addendum to relegation/promotion

If you can't get 40 goals and 40 points in the Premier League you shouldn't be allowed to stay, and collect a further £150m.
The flipside being 70 goals and 85 points gets you promoted.

All teams on the edge then make up the playoffs.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think it's about time there was a minimum standard required addendum to relegation/promotion

If you can't get 40 goals and 40 points in the Premier League you shouldn't be allowed to stay, and collect a further £150m.

Is this a Waddingtons board game you are working on ?

Having earlier watched Chelsea and Spurs go toe-to-toe in what was, quite frankly, a breath taking display of pace, power, invention, sublime technique and ruthless finishing, I was - I'll admit - a little concerned about next season. :ohmy:

But then I watched MotD...

Bournemouth, Middlesborough, Hull, Watford, Swansea, Stoke, West Ham and Everton.

Piss. Poor.

I'll think you will find that we will be playing in premiere league B next season,we will get visits from premiere league A,we will have a role to play for the world wide tv audience ,if we can hang on for a few years we will be invited into the lower section of premiere A league for a bit.:moo:

The consolation is that TB is a fan and I do not believe that he will allow us to be in a relegation fight havjng spent so much on the club. He may not splash millions on players but sufficient to ensure a safe position in the league. This may mean a rethink in the January window if it is not all going to plan. We shall just have to wait and see.

He may not splash millions?:facepalm: Where have you been daddad,not sure there is a teddy maybank for 250k or a peter ward for 4k around at the moment, prices have gone up a tad recently:moo:

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
I'll think you will find that we will be playing in premiere league B next season,we will get visits from premiere league A,we will have a role to play for the world wide tv audience ,if we can hang on for a few years we will be invited into the lower section of premiere A league for a bit.:moo:

Very good analysis. That good it's been quoted on our vitals site.

Although, as you can imagine, the thread tone is very much similar as a thread about AFCB on here ;-) Tetchy at times...

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

Far too complex Stat, Shirley we should be reincarnating Phil Gartside's policy and do away with relegation from the start of next season lol.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Far too complex Stat, Shirley we should be reincarnating Phil Gartside's policy and do away with relegation from the start of next season lol.
Oh yeah, it's never going to happen, plus I get the feeling this latest influx of massive amounts of cash has made the need to filter out more bottom feeders all but redundant.

Watford currently being 10th is the only thing stopping me from thinking the Albion aren't walking into the lions den wearing a steak suit.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
If Swansea go down, Llorente would be my preference over Defoe. Although both would be nice, just to see us through our first season.

Depending on how much you'd be willing to invest, if Swansea go down you should look at Sigurdsson. One of the finest players Reading have ever produced.

Would cost a lot though... him and Knockaert in the same side would be immense.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Depending on how much you'd be willing to invest, if Swansea go down you should look at Sigurdsson. One of the finest players Reading have ever produced.

Would cost a lot though... him and Knockaert in the same side would be immense.

Lovely footballer.

Will go a bit higher though. Saints rumoured, I think.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Its two leagues within one now isn't. We can realistically compete against all the teams up to West Brom in 8th who are as close to the bottom three as they are to Arsenal in 7th!

That's bonkers.

We have no chance of competing with the top 6/7 as they are miles better than us, other than perhaps Liverpool who seem to enjoy losing to the lesser teams like Palace.

Win at home against the bottom 13 teams and you stay up, what you don't win you have to make up for away from home.

That's how next season will pan out now. But we have nothing to be afraid of in that "second league" of the Premier League.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just watching the highlights from last night and realising that we'll be part of this come August.

Whatever happens next season it's gonna be a great ride.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Having earlier watched Chelsea and Spurs go toe-to-toe in what was, quite frankly, a breath taking display of pace, power, invention, sublime technique and ruthless finishing, I was - I'll admit - a little concerned about next season. :ohmy:

But then I watched MotD...

Bournemouth, Middlesborough, Hull, Watford, Swansea, Stoke, West Ham and Everton.

Piss. Poor.
My thoughts were simplified to the basic control and retention of the ball at pace.... and... the fact that some of our players will struggle with that.... Murphy, Skalak, Dunk, Hemed to name a few who I think may need to work on that over the summer.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here