Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MoTD tonight...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Having earlier watched Chelsea and Spurs go toe-to-toe in what was, quite frankly, a breath taking display of pace, power, invention, sublime technique and ruthless finishing, I was - I'll admit - a little concerned about next season. :ohmy:

But then I watched MotD...

Bournemouth, Middlesborough, Hull, Watford, Swansea, Stoke, West Ham and Everton.

Piss. Poor.

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
I was disappointed to hear no '..and congratulations to Brighton & Hove Albion who'll be joining us on MOTD next season'. I thought they always did that for promoted clubs...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
'..and congratulations to Brighton & Hove Albion who'll be joining us on MOTD next season'.

Just reading that sounds INSANE, after all these years! I had to go and check the league table again :mad:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I really enjoyed watching MOTD tonight simply because of the lovely, warm, squidgy certainty that next season we'll be on it.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I thought exactly the same. The goals in that semi were unbelievable. Eriksen's pass for Alli's goal had me out of my seat, incredible skill.

Then I watched match of the day and thought there is superior quality in the championship this season. There really are some very poor teams in the premier league. The fact that Watford, Stoke, Burnley, Palace, Bournemouth and Hull or Swansea will all be in the premier league along with Newcastle and the play off winners give me massive hope and expectation that we will be able to hold our own.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
You'll be ok, but you need more up front I think. We were decent today, but Boro are awful and seem to have accepted their fate already. Was at Spurs last week and they are light years better than Boro.

It's ok being solid at the back, but you need goals.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
You'll be ok, but you need more up front I think. We were decent today, but Boro are awful and seem to have accepted their fate already. Was at Spurs last week and they are light years better than Boro.

It's ok being solid at the back, but you need goals.

You've hit the nail on the head. According to statto.com we are number 1 in the championship for defence ranking, but ranked only number 13 for goals total. We need a better attacking line up or we will go the same way as Middlesborough.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
You've hit the nail on the head. According to statto.com we are number 1 in the championship for defence ranking, but ranked only number 13 for goals total. We need a better attacking line up or we will go the same way as Middlesborough.

Defoe mentioned for you today, but I think he might want West Ham. Would be a great addition. The discussion has always been either tight defence or scoring goals. Scoring definitely the way forward (seems obvious!).

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Defoe mentioned for you today, but I think he might want West Ham. Would be a great addition. The discussion has always been either tight defence or scoring goals. Scoring definitely the way forward (seems obvious!).

If Swansea go down, Llorente would be my preference over Defoe. Although both would be nice, just to see us through our first season.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I thought exactly the same. The goals in that semi were unbelievable. Eriksen's pass for Alli's goal had me out of my seat, incredible skill.

Then I watched match of the day and thought there is superior quality in the championship this season. There really are some very poor teams in the premier league. The fact that Watford, Stoke, Burnley, Palace, Bournemouth and Hull or Swansea will all be in the premier league along with Newcastle and the play off winners give me massive hope and expectation that we will be able to hold our own.

Luiz was piss poor for that goal.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
If Swansea go down, Llorente would be my preference over Defoe. Although both would be nice, just to see us through our first season.

Both of those players will go to a more established team.
Also Bloom won't pay what these players want in wages.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

We've scored the fourth most goals in the league. Not sure where/how we could be 13th.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The consolation is that TB is a fan and I do not believe that he will allow us to be in a relegation fight havjng spent so much on the club. He may not splash millions on players but sufficient to ensure a safe position in the league. This may mean a rethink in the January window if it is not all going to plan. We shall just have to wait and see.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Having earlier watched Chelsea and Spurs go toe-to-toe in what was, quite frankly, a breath taking display of pace, power, invention, sublime technique and ruthless finishing, I was - I'll admit - a little concerned about next season. :ohmy:

But then I watched MotD...

Bournemouth, Middlesborough, Hull, Watford, Swansea, Stoke, West Ham and Everton.

Piss. Poor.

A bit like Glenn Murray going to his local shop with his kids, expecting an Albion fan to hijack him for a photo and an autograph.
Only for them to appear with one of their offspring wearing a manure kit :lolol:

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
We've scored the fourth most goals in the league. Not sure where/how we could be 13th.

You're correct, statto.com don't give many details for that 'Goal Total Rank' stat, so it may be best to ignore it. I'll email them for clarification.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here