Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
:facepalm:The bluebirds

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I had to rewind, I didn't realise he said Bluebirds :laugh:

He panicked and corrected himself as soon as he said it, but too late, the damage was out there.

Bit of a shame really because Dan Walker is usually one of the smarter, more relaxed sports presenters. He'll be disappointed with the flak he's going to get :lolol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He panicked and corrected himself as soon as he said it, but too late, the damage was out there.

Bit of a shame really because Dan Walker is usually one of the smarter, more relaxed sports presenters. He'll be disappointed with the flak he's going to get :lolol:

and he supports Crawley

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
That was a fairly cheap piece of crap from BBC Sport. As they don't have any footage of us, they inserted goals scored in completely irrelevant Premier League games and a Sam Baldock goal from two years ago that they own. The usual intelligent responses from Chris, but no mention of Tony Bloom. The BBC own enough old footage to have done a piece that tells the real story of the achievement of going from homelessness to the richest division in the world in two decades, but they stuck to talking about the Premier League, not about a club, the incredible connection it has with its community and the journey that they have been on together.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That was a fairly cheap piece of crap from BBC Sport. As they don't have any footage of us, they inserted goals scored in completely irrelevant Premier League games and a Sam Baldock goal from two years ago that they own. The usual intelligent responses from Chris, but no mention of Tony Bloom. The BBC own enough old footage to have done a piece that tells the real story of the achievement of going from homelessness to the richest division in the world in two decades, but they stuck to talking about the Premier League, not about a club, the incredible connection it has with its community and the journey that they have been on together.

To be fair our history has been rammed down every football supporting persons throat this week. It's been the sporting headline since Monday. As for footballing clips, I'm sure they are allowed to show like 30 seconds of a Sky game? Anyway it was ok, nothing more, nothing less, definitely not worth moaning about.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

Here here, 80% of the footballing community will not know the hardships that we had to endure to get where we are today, neither will at least 80% of the current playing staff.
The French Connection should really read our history book before banging on about money.
Promotion will certainly guarantee bigger pay packets, but the promotion means so much than that.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
To be fair our history has been rammed down every football supporting persons throat this week. It's been the sporting headline since Monday.

Has it? I have seen plenty of references to the Hereford game, but can't remember anything about the decades of fights to save the club, to bring it back to Brighton or to win permission to build the Amex. The Albion's story would make a fantastic film and last Monday would be the tear inducing climax that celebrates the indomitable spirit of people working together to achieve a common aim. Leaving the hardship, knockbacks and tragedies out of the story leaves only the same narrative as everyone else that gets promoted to the Premier League.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Has it? I have seen plenty of references to the Hereford game, but can't remember anything about the decades of fights to save the club, to bring it back to Brighton or to win permission to build the Amex. The Albion's story would make a fantastic film and last Monday would be the tear inducing climax that celebrates the indomitable spirit of people working together to achieve a common aim. Leaving the hardship, knockbacks and tragedies out of the story leaves only the same narrative as everyone else that gets promoted to the Premier League.

I guess you don't trawl the net/watch the tellybox as much as me then :wink:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here