Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre season friendlies

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Plymouth Argyle away would tempt me to watch a friendly, I used to go to a few when I lived in SE but gave up as they are a total waste of time, except the last one against a top Spanish or Italian club.

WGull

Jan 27, 2017
I would be very surprised if we didn't tour overseas. The premier league brings larger international recognition, and I would be amazed if we aren't looking into far field markets. Sell the BHA brand etc. It will most likely be something within europe such as spain (previously done before), but I wouldn't be stunned if we played somewhere in Asia

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Instead of playing lower league or non league teams why not go to Scotland for a week and play some of their Premiership teams who are much the same standard.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I would be very surprised if we didn't tour overseas. The premier league brings larger international recognition, and I would be amazed if we aren't looking into far field markets. Sell the BHA brand etc. It will most likely be something within europe such as spain (previously done before), but I wouldn't be stunned if we played somewhere in Asia

Think you'll find, if you read some of Paul Barber's interviews, they are awash on t'internet, Brighton are not looking global, not even national, they are looking at the county for their markets currently.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Instead of playing lower league or non league teams why not go to Scotland for a week and play some of their Premiership teams who are much the same standard.

Because we'll leave the winter til November? And... do you really think the Scottish first division matches up to the English one? :laugh:

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
It seems they really enjoyed their mini-break to Valencia so I'd love them to return to the region for a pre-season tour.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here