Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defeats you couldn't give LESS of a shit about

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Winnable game given our previous form, should have started as we did other games. our midfield was too light weight. Two freakish goals agreed but a stronger midfield would have closed Pritchard down.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Bloodyhell, having faith in your team also takes time to develop too. They've given everything, and some can't stomach an off day. Incredible really. Winning is a habit, what you've not noticed the 51 wins in 89 games only losing 13 over 2 seasons?

I'll happily give them the benefit of the doubt for last night. They deserve that much.

I have faith in the fact that our best team would have won last night. Just want to make sure we don't let this slip. BC will be up for it and they have a very decent striker. AV away will be hard even if they have nothing to play for as they too will want to make a point. We have got where we are by setting very high standards and last night they dropped a bit. Understandable in some ways but we really should get that title...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have faith in the fact that our best team would have won last night. Just want to make sure we don't let this slip. BC will be up for it and they have a very decent striker. AV away will be hard even if they have nothing to play for as they too will want to make a point. We have got where we are by setting very high standards and last night they dropped a bit. Understandable in some ways but we really should get that title...

Are you really worried that after 89 games over 2 seasons under Hughton, he might not know how to set them up for next week? Come on, we lost, but ridiculous looking for some sort of crisis because he slightly tweaked the team. Bristol City will be a tough game that we could lose, of course we could, but let's not start unnecessarily doubting the professionalism, passion and determination of this side.

I for one cannot wait for Saturday. I hope Newcastle do win both as I have utter faith we'll do it either at home to City or away to Villa. A single defeat hasn't given me any reason to doubt that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well I'm glad you saw it that way.
It was a mile away from the performance at Wolves. It was flat, it lacked any sparkle and resembled a training run-out. Key players went through the motions and because of their popularity, they get away with it. Too many fans are letting the players get away with it. Sure, celebrate long and hard but be ready for work, the next time round. Most of our team were not focussed and turned in a below par performance. Norwich were gifted those points.

Was always going to be. Previous to that we'd won five in a row. FIVE. You can't sustain that indefinitely, let alone when you've spent two of your four recovery days celebrating. Can't even use the old "ripping off the fans who travelled" line. Did you hear our fans? 90 minute party. I think Ed Balls has banned singing in the home end or something.

Anyway, I'm going to take the not insignificant amount (ok, £25 :lolol: ) I won putting my money where my mouth was on the above and add it to our beer kitty on Saturday. No MISERABLISTS in our group so I suspect we'll have a good time no matter what the result.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
The thread is on a false pretence: somehow 'We lost because game was Mickey' has become 'Game was Mickey because we lost'.

It wasn't Mickey at all, I can think of several games - notably end of 11/12 and 14/15 seasons - where there was little to play for . This was much bigger: an opportunity to nail 4th title in 16 years. It needed to be taken seriously, and perhaps wasn't entirely.

Didn't see game even on TV as was early morning in Oz but take reports that we were not our recent selves to be factual. I went for 2-0 Norwich as thought there was likely to be promo hangover, and Norwich are decent at Carrow Road. That being said, they have registered what I think is first game this season won in the Championship by a side registering no shots on target, which sort of tells a story even without seeing game, The title is ours to lose still, so let's relax...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well I was pissed off with the result. I don't like seeing my team lose but when they do, I can live with it if it is to a better team. Norwich had zero shots on goal ffs. I also take issue with the team selection. I think Hughton gave Murphy and Norwood the nod just because they haven't played many games this season. Fine, but why not give Hemed a run out up front with Murray on the bench? Didn't think it was a nailed on penalty either. Seen a lot of them given but a few aren't. Felt it was more a case of Murphy running into their player rather then being tripped or a deliberate body check.

We should have set up with our strongest team to try and win the game. Yes it will be great to win on Saturday against Bristol but there is no guarantee. Had we had our strongest midfield out then and won, Saturday would be a party from start to finish. Hughton could also have a couple of youngsters on the bench for the experience. Can't risk that now.

Finally, not to put out your strongest team is disrespectful to the fans that travel. It was a great atmosphere and I'm sure there are plenty that didn't care because we are up but I want to see my team go up as champions and have the best record at everything in the division.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I really don't understand this blase attitude to winning a trophy!

Because, and ask TB, whilst it will be icing on the cake to go up as Champions, the MAIN aim was promotion. We go up as 1st or 2nd. :shrug:

Be nice for those with a live betting voucher though £££££££

We SHALL win it on Saturday, if not before.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I really don't understand this blase attitude to winning a trophy!

Personally I am desperate for the title and have been for a couple of weeks. I'm not panicking or desperate after last night though. Utter faith we have 3 points in us with 2 to play.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well I'm glad you saw it that way.
It was a mile away from the performance at Wolves. It was flat, it lacked any sparkle and resembled a training run-out. Key players went through the motions and because of their popularity, they get away with it. Too many fans are letting the players get away with it. Sure, celebrate long and hard but be ready for work, the next time round. Most of our team were not focussed and turned in a below par performance. Norwich were gifted those points.

Rubbish to say it was a mile away. I thought we played better than at wolves for much of the game and the stats bear this out.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
That Shrewbury game in 2001 was hilarious. I swear to god Watto was still half cut...Kept tripping over his bootlaces

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You may not have to, of course.

How will you feel if the Albion get promoted on Monday, if Newcastle cock up their performance at home? What if Newcastle lose at Cardiff on Friday?

In either case, the Albion will become Champions with NONE of us watching.

And what a party from the get go against Bristol then we all know the trophy will be there waiting for us...

Happy days

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Well I was pissed off with the result. I don't like seeing my team lose but when they do, I can live with it if it is to a better team. Norwich had zero shots on goal ffs. I also take issue with the team selection. I think Hughton gave Murphy and Norwood the nod just because they haven't played many games this season. Fine, but why not give Hemed a run out up front with Murray on the bench? Didn't think it was a nailed on penalty either. Seen a lot of them given but a few aren't. Felt it was more a case of Murphy running into their player rather then being tripped or a deliberate body check.

We should have set up with our strongest team to try and win the game. Yes it will be great to win on Saturday against Bristol but there is no guarantee. Had we had our strongest midfield out then and won, Saturday would be a party from start to finish. Hughton could also have a couple of youngsters on the bench for the experience. Can't risk that now.

Finally, not to put out your strongest team is disrespectful to the fans that travel. It was a great atmosphere and I'm sure there are plenty that didn't care because we are up but I want to see my team go up as champions and have the best record at everything in the division.

Fully agree. Nobody remembers the runners up. If we had won, the atmosphere on Saturday would have been terrific. For those of us who want to see us lift the trophy, yet more nail biting. Cannot believe Houghton would have allowed the team out on the p*ss after Monday so 4 days sober. Games are won and lost in the midfield and that is where we struggled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was always going to be. Previous to that we'd won five in a row. FIVE. You can't sustain that indefinitely, let alone when you've spent two of your four recovery days celebrating. Can't even use the old "ripping off the fans who travelled" line. Did you hear our fans? 90 minute party. I think Ed Balls has banned singing in the home end or something.

Anyway, I'm going to take the not insignificant amount (ok, £25 :lolol: ) I won putting my money where my mouth was on the above and add it to our beer kitty on Saturday. No MISERABLISTS in our group so I suspect we'll have a good time no matter what the result.

100% this. It was a "90 minute party". Never sang so much and laughed so much in a 2-0 defeat. It was brilliant.

We weren't even that bad. Our jaded, changed, pissed up, still celebrating team didn't allow our parachute-payment former PL opponents a single shot on target FFS.

CH will put out his strongest available XI on Saturday and we'll secure the title.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here