Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defeats you couldn't give LESS of a shit about

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I honestly think this is up there.

I was at Shrewsbury in 2001 on the final day, after we'd just won L2 by a STREET. And was delighted to be standing directly next to DK and MP on the terrace as Shrewsbury's 3rd goal flew in, to join in with the chants of "SACK THE BOARD". I've been at any number of dead rubbers that I have entirely forgotten about. But even though we still have something to play for this time, I half expected to get turned over. And as I sat there watching the game, I realised it mattered to me about as much as it mattered what my neighbours rabbit had for breakfast.
(Broccoli)

We'll wrap this up on Saturday, and tonight will be consigned to the same memory bank oblivion as the winner of Pop Idol Season 2, and the pin number on your 4th bike lock.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Bit mythed by this couldn't careless attitude.

We had nothing to play for on the last day when Stoke thumped us. Fans were in an uproar over it despite the game meaning nothing. This is different. We have the title to play for. I'm slightly disappointed and i'm not in the couldn't care less brigade

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
IF( big if) Newcastle can win three on the bounce, if we don't get another win, we will only come second.
I think the players have deserved this week, now, let's win it at home on Saturday

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I wanted us to win but felt the same indifference. Taking the title at home would cap the season.

Newcastle United may well take that pleasure from us though.

I guess we miss the tension now. Strange old game.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Let's put this one down as 'regrettable but inevitable.'

I hope and fully expect that Hughton will bring them back down to earth next week and they will be working harder than they have all season. Two games to go - let's keep the discipline and professionalism.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Apart from it did mean something. We threw away one chance to win the whole football league with an utterly inept performance.

Drama queen.

It wasn't an "utterly inept" performance. It was one of those where we weren't at our best (primarily due to resting our besties), but ended up losing to two FREAK goals, and had a cast-iron pen ignored by yet ANOTHER comic masquerading as a FL referee. By all means don your sackcloth or burkha for the next week or whatever and walk around wailing and tearing at your eye sockets. But I for one cannot WAIT for Saturday when we wrap this sucker up properly, in front of 28,000 of our own fans.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I realised it mattered to me about as much as it mattered what my neighbours rabbit had for breakfast.
(Broccoli)

Morning neighbour!
Van-You-Give-Your-Rabbit-Broccoli-300x225.jpg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I honestly think this is up there.

I was at Shrewsbury in 2001 on the final day, after we'd just won L2 by a STREET. And was delighted to be standing directly next to DK and MP on the terrace as Shrewsbury's 3rd goal flew in, to join in with the chants of "SACK THE BOARD". I've been at any number of dead rubbers that I have entirely forgotten about. But even though we still have something to play for this time, I half expected to get turned over. And as I sat there watching the game, I realised it mattered to me about as much as it mattered what my neighbours rabbit had for breakfast.
(Broccoli)

We'll wrap this up on Saturday, and tonight will be consigned to the same memory bank oblivion as the winner of Pop Idol Season 2, and the pin number on your 4th bike lock.

Defeats I could give a shit about.

A Britain's Got Talent contestant WITH EXACTLY THE SAME NAME AS ME.

.. and I registered the domain name years ago.

Got past a few rounds and disappeared into obscurity.

There I was thinking Simon Cowell would be on the phone offering a few thousand for something I had registered just to do a complete a course I was on.

Bollocks.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Drama queen.

It wasn't an "utterly inept" performance. It was one of those where we weren't at our best (primarily due to resting our besties), but ended up losing to two FREAK goals, and had a cast-iron pen ignored by yet ANOTHER comic masquerading as a FL referee. By all means don your sackcloth or burkha for the next week or whatever and walk around wailing and tearing at your eye sockets. But I for one cannot WAIT for Saturday when we wrap this sucker up properly, in front of 28,000 of our own fans.

No offence mate but you didn't shell out a load of money to go to Carrow Rd and watch it. Easy to say you couldn't careless laying on your couch in front of the tv.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Haha, I love this thread already. I love a troll that can stay in character for years. Brilliant stuff!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No offence mate but you didn't shell out a load of money to go to Carrow Rd and watch it. Easy to say you couldn't careless laying on your couch in front of the tv.

I cycled to a pub 2.5 miles away actually. Uphill. Journey back was nice though, wheeeeeee...

And I still wouldn't have given a shit if I'd trailed out to Carrow Road, I'd just have been drunker. We're up. We outplayed them. They got lucky, it happens.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was inept. It ranks as one of the worst all season. I don't think being complacent and assuming we will win it at home is the thing to do either! Bristol city won't roll over for us. This league is hard work, as we should all know by now. We need to be at our best to win.

Utter bobbins. No we don't. We've not needed to be at our best to win against Blackburn, Birmingham, Wigan, Wolves, I forget who else we've just pissed on. We don't have to be "at our best" at all. We just find a way, and have been doing exactly that for about the last 2 years. About 75% is usually MORE than enough, because nobody can score against us, and we have several alchemists and magicians up front who are nearly ALWAYS the difference. Naarch needed two FREAK goals to win tonight, and also survived a penalty call that is given 99 times out of hundred. Big deal.

Dry your sheets chap. You ARE watching the champions. I promise you x

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Drama queen.

reasonably well put old bean....!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
reasonably well put old bean....!!

Charmed x

Honestly, my own SISTER was texting me tonight in some kind of myopicaslasmic MELTDOWN after that second goal, as if the very trapdoor to HADES had just opened up beneath us. What is the matter with people ? Its almost akin to the reaction to one of those 1-1 draws at Bognor at the beginning of July, when all our new signings are a disaster and "what the hell has happened to Dunk / Bruno / Kayal / Solly...get rid".

We just got beat in a nothing match, at one of the best homer teams in the division, with a central midfield we never bother with. And they STILL needed a slab of luck the size of a Vauxhall Zafira to beat us.

I don't give a shit about tonights result. I've tried, but I don't. Sorry.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Can I admit I secretly enjoyed the game tonight ?

One in the face for the smug I am a bigger fan than you I bought a ticket for Norwich because "I wanted to be there" and have even got my fancy dress for Villa brigade who think they are oh so better than everyone else even though I am filling the till of another club and....

Ok I give up - another televised party next week and lets pray Newcastle don't **** up and make us Champions "by proxy".

Come on - tonight was a ****ing GREAT result.

We won't get the chance to go mental at the Amex twice a season in a situation like this.

#together

( Jesus - I can't believe I posted a hashtag )

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

I've just got back from Norwich after getting up at 02.30 for work and I couldn't really give a monkeys about the result, thought we played OK and enjoyed the atmosphere and totally excusable if we were a little undercooked.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've just got back from Norwich after getting up at 02.30 for work and I couldn't really give a monkeys about the result, thought we played OK and enjoyed the atmosphere and totally excusable if we were a little undercooked.

I think your moral OUTRAGE-ometer is on the blink DD. Have some well-earned kip chap, and I look forward to reading your blind FURY at the team selection, the performance and the result tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here